Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    moorab1
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    Our website: moorabbincarsales.com.au

2. What does your business do?
    We sell quality used cars at great prices, offer finance

3. Who is your target market?
    Men-women, 21-59 years old, average – high income

4. What specific concerns do you have?
    We are getting quite a bit of targeted traffic from different sources, but no enquiries.

Thanks.

Alex.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Welcome aboard Alex!

A. If you really do have great cars at great prices, show your best deals on your homepage instead of that generic promo image.
    B. People often don’t know what they’re looking for until they browse a bit. So I’d make it easier to start browsing so they can get a feel for your range without having to fill out the search criteria.

In a car-yard you put all your cars (especially your best deals) out to see, and overall I think your website should do the same.

Good luck!

Dave

moorab1
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Sorry, for late reply.

Thanks for your feedback Dave, i will make a few changes as soon as i have some spare time.

Alex.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I jumped to the home page and it didn’t hit me in the face with any wow factor or anything like that.

I think because a car yard is a car yard is a car yard, try not to follow that trend on your website, it looks like every other car yard web site I have seen.

Whack me with some personality, a wow factor, I need to go see these guys because they are not your normal boring all cars in a line, high pressure salesman car yard. Sorry if that has come out the wrong way, but at the moment there is no reason to go to your car yard. In fact even you name, etc doesn’t stand out, which suburb are you in again!!!!

dima
    Participant
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Hi Alex,

For the constructive criticism you are after:

1> There are a lot of images which are placed around the site to look like ads, but link back to your own site. Why fill your site up with ‘fake’ ads? That ‘Looking for something else?’ “Ad” especially screams to me that your business’ number 1 priority is making money, not customer service. I’d only keep them if you’re sure the benefit of people clicking that service outweighs the negatives of people being turned off of the service they are currently viewing.

Having the search accessible from every page is very important though.

2> In my opinion there are too many words/slogans/fonts in your header. I would suggest moving away from the cluttered look that many of your competitor’s websites would have if you want to make people feel more at ease and make your site more ‘trusted’.

Overall, if I lived around Moorabin I would definitely still use your website, but I would be more comfortable if it was a little cleaner.

Good Luck with it all.

Matt

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

What do you want someone to do when they hit your website?

Answer this with totally clarity and then implement what makes sense.

I can tell you now, you won’t be getting any enquiries, because you have no clear CTA. (call to action) If you want customer enquiries, you need this.

Sitewide.

Secondly, you have far too much “fluffy” nonsense going on. Get rid of it.

Less is more.

The fewer distractions you have, the higher your conversions will be.

Don’t make visitors think. It should be blatantly obvious what they have to do without them even having to think.

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

Yes, well talk about a ‘generic’ look – this looks like a low quality, boring site you are not differentiating yourself from the run-of-the-mill – there is no incentive to engage with the site. Traffic is only useful if it is TARGETED, if they have the reason to visit your that you want (Buying a car). I would suggest capturing actual targeted traffic with a specific set of tools. A promotional video which is ranked to appear for your area would be useful, as would some cleverly constructed ‘dark posts’, use some social media hooks to further drive targeted traffic. I would re-work the site, and implement a multiple strategy campaign.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.