Home – New Forums Selling online Website Review – Mini & Mo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    H.J
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone,

Ive started an online business selling children’s hand made clothing and would like some feedback on my website http://www.miniandmo.com.au.

My site is hosted with shopify and I was wondering if someone has tips on how I can have my website show on google results without hiring/paying for SEO?

On another note, I have been paying for facebook advertising and have had some interest but just weighing on what other options I have which will return more results?

Thanks!!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there H.J,

You’ve got lots of questions all tied up together there.

Can I suggest that you edit out the one about the website feedback, and instead start a new thread in the Community Reviews section of the forum, including the four questions and answers you’ll find at the top of the page there?

You’ll also find lots of discussions about SEO in the Search engines, etc section of the forum, and may like to take a browse around there as a starting point for your Google question, if you haven’t already done so.

Hope you pick up some handy info,
    Jayne

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

coule of comments:-

* Your returns policy, within 20 days of order date, this could be a bit restrictive, you take a few days to send, Ozpost another few days to deliver, it could be that the client only has the product in hand for a day before the 20 days are up.
    * In your 20 pages of terms and conditions (to buy kids clothing, bit overboard), you mention your privacy policy, but I cant find your privacy policy (and I hope that isnt 20 pages long)
    * Blog – oming soon, since Feb 2014, ah thats not a good impression
    * My bug bear with a majority of online sites, no contact details or name, who am I buying from, dont we offer any personal service any longer. I am sending my money off into the ether and it could be going to Nigeria, I will not deal with you, and the majority of people I know wont either
    * Your contact us, wholesale and model application links all go to a bland data entry screen with no detail of what or why I am filling it in,

Oops went over the couple but hope they help

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    H.J, post: 192018 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Ive started an online business selling children’s hand made clothing and would like some feedback on my website http://www.miniandmo.com.au.

My site is hosted with shopify and I was wondering if someone has tips on how I can have my website show on google results without hiring/paying for SEO?

On another note, I have been paying for facebook advertising and have had some interest but just weighing on what other options I have which will return more results?

Thanks!!

What do you sell? You’ve used up a lot of space at the top of your site with a ‘shop now’ button, but no explanation of why I would want to go further on your site. Keep the Shop Now, but tell us what you do.

On the About Us page, put a photo of you both. We connect with people, and to buy from you, we need to get to know you a bit.

Don’t run Facebook ads, unless you are trying to build your email list. You’ll be throwing money away.

Why should I join your email list? Give me a good reason, and you’ll get more signups. One ecommerce client we worked with simply changed her wording – on our advice – and doubled her signups in 2 months. And she didn’t give away any coupons.

You’ve got the framework there, now you need to work on the conversion. I wouldn’t send traffic to your site yet, get the site working more efficiently.

You definitely need blog content. this is the basis of your SEO. Our SEO package incorporates blog, Press releases and SEO bundled together, so they all work together. I’d suggest you consider this.

Jenny

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    H.J, post: 192018 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Thanks!!

Hi,

Nice looking website but I am afraid that you probably won’t make as many sales as you want.

Firstly bb1’s comments are spot on and trust is a number one factor for success. Long T&C’s don’t spell trust and no contact details spell mistrust.

In terms of the site:

Your home page title tag is way too long it has to be max 65 characters.

The 5 rolling banner images that all say “shop online” will make most people leave. Banners need to have a specific call to action, link to that action and not be repetitive.

It takes at least 2 and sometime 3 clicks to get to a product. Then I can’t tell that it is a product unless I mouse over it or touch it on a mobile. Products should always display the name and price. That mouse over to see name and price results in 75% less clicks when you do A/B testing.

Some products, best sellers or unique, need to come to the home page and be there for a customer to see and buy.

SEO wise you have no real alt tag text. The only H1 on the home page is the logo image. There needs to be text behind the H1 tag and not the logo. There are no H2 or H3 tags as far as I can see. On other pages you have one word H1 no H2 and some H3. Structured content is very important for SEO.

Content is the most important part of any website. A pretty website won’t go far without content. For an online store it is essential.

John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.