Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website Review – Please!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Venano
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Today Venano Jewellery is launching its B2B website.

Our company strategy is to only sell B2B at this stage, therefore no pricing has been added to the items in our range.

We are simply using the website as a tool to market our brand.

We want our products to be exclusively bought through Independent Jewellery Stores and high end / upmarket gift and homeware stores.

We would really appreciate your opinions and any feedback you can provide on our site, its layout and how you felt overall about your experience at our site.

please visit. http://www.venano.com.au

Again, all feedback very welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to check us out.

Regards,
    Venano Jewellery

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

I like the colours and layout of your site. I don’t like what the model is wearing – it is too distracting to showcase the jewellery. Far less cleavage – you want the eyes to be drawn to the jewellery, not the model’s assets.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

I disagree. Sex sells.

My biggest gripe though is that the items are not for sale on your site. Say I’m a would-be customer, I visit the site, I’m sold by the sex! – I’m hungry for your products… Oh can’t buy them, I’ll look elsewhere then.

kathiemt
    Up
    IncredibleCo, post: 121982 wrote:
    I disagree. Sex sells.

My biggest gripe though is that the items are not for sale on your site. Say I’m a would-be customer, I visit the site, I’m sold by the sex! – I’m hungry for your products… Oh can’t buy them, I’ll look elsewhere then.

That depends – who is their targeted client? If they want to use sex to sell to women then there should be a yummy man in the picture putting the jewellery on the woman. But the jewellery should still be the object of the photo – not the woman’s assets.

My thought was that they are still building the site regarding purchasing?

Venano
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 121993 wrote:
    That depends – who is their targeted client? If they want to use sex to sell to women then there should be a yummy man in the picture putting the jewellery on the woman. But the jewellery should still be the object of the photo – not the woman’s assets.

My thought was that they are still building the site regarding purchasing?

Thanks again you do make a valid point, am trying to get a pic of a “yummy man” putting the jewellery on the woman as I too believe that sex sells.

Thank you for noting and pointing out that our target market is only B2B at this stage with the view to go to B2C and we will build the purchasing into the site when that time comes.

Again thanks for both your valuable remarks.

Much appreciated.

jacksonalsop
    • Total posts: 41
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 121952 wrote:
    I like the colours and layout of your site. I don’t like what the model is wearing – it is too distracting to showcase the jewellery. Far less cleavage – you want the eyes to be drawn to the jewellery, not the model’s assets.

I think you’re being a little old-fashioned with that assessment. There’s really nothing wrong with the photo on the front page. If you have a problem with that much skin showing, I would advise that you shouldn’t ever leave the house, because I’ve seen far worse out on the street, especially on a Friday or Saturday night :P

It’s a little raunchy, sure, but it’s not distracting to the point of it being an issue.

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Hi.

Congrats on the site. Here’s my feedback:

• Remove the WordPress footer
    • You need a favicon
    • Your site needs a better title
    • Your header should clearly show the logo
    • Under each picture, there should be a caption, with a link to the featured jewellery
    • You need a better introduction
    • All your pages should have introductory paragraphs
    • Never show ‘coming soon’ pages. Wait until you have content to publish them
    • I want to be able to click on each piece of jewellery to see a bigger image
    • Your product backgrounds vary. This inconsistency harms your professionalism
    • The overall design of the site is ok. But it’s not premium. Your font, menu bar and layout need to be revisited. Look at other premium sites for inspiration

Good luck,

kathiemt
    Up
    jacksonalsop, post: 122152 wrote:
    I think you’re being a little old-fashioned with that assessment. There’s really nothing wrong with the photo on the front page. If you have a problem with that much skin showing, I would advise that you shouldn’t ever leave the house, because I’ve seen far worse out on the street, especially on a Friday or Saturday night :P

It’s a little raunchy, sure, but it’s not distracting to the point of it being an issue.

It’s amazing how desensitized people get to things. See enough of this, or that, or anything really, and people just accept it as ok over time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.