Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website review please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

With our new business days (we hope – there’s still so much to organise it seems never ending!) away from launch I have finally got a completed (or at least completed enough – these things never end do they?!?) website up and running. The address is http://www.intelligentginger.com.au

I have put this site together myself so please don’t hold back if they’re is something you think needs work. I would appreciate any feedback you have to help us get everything over the line.

We’ll have more details about the business for you when we launch but for now:

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    Website design & copy

2. What does your business do?
    We provide mail scanning/mail handling solutions, filing consulting, professional organising and virtual assistant services.

3. Who is your target market?
    Our primary target market is small businesses who spend a lot of their time away from the office (i.e. they make money when they are out of the office).
    Our secondary target market is businesses who want to save time, money or who are looking to better organise their information and working environment.

4. What specific concerns do you have?
    Is the design clean & readable? Is it appealing? Is there a strong call to action (FYI – our overall strategy (while still in development/evolution of course) is to drive people to our website (via various means) to find out information and drive them to then contact us to have a conversation about how we can help them – so I guess any feedback on whether this style of website is likely to contribute to that strategy or detract from it).

I appreciate all the valuable information this community provides – I have certainly tried to draw on as much of it as possible in the development of the site.

Thanks!

Cheers
    Daniel

ShanDesign
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

Hi Daniel,

Congratulations on your new business!

The site is very clean and simple which I like. The logo and colour scheme is quite feminine, is this in line with your target market? I might opt for a more neutral colour but otherwise I like it.

I think the banners are letting you down, the text is not doing much and the layout needs some work. You have a fantastic large space to play with, may as well make the most of it!

The layout and spacing of the copy is good, really easy to read and a clear order of information. The contact form is well positioned and easy to understand. The navigation bar is really nice and straight forward.

I hope that helps, good luck!

Shannon
    http://www.shandesign.com.au

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    Up
    ShanDesign, post: 159614 wrote:
    Hi Daniel,

Congratulations on your new business!

The site is very clean and simple which I like. The logo and colour scheme is quite feminine, is this in line with your target market? I might opt for a more neutral colour but otherwise I like it.

I think the banners are letting you down, the text is not doing much and the layout needs some work. You have a fantastic large space to play with, may as well make the most of it!

The layout and spacing of the copy is good, really easy to read and a clear order of information. The contact form is well positioned and easy to understand. The navigation bar is really nice and straight forward.

I hope that helps, good luck!

Shannon
    http://www.shandesign.com.au

Thanks Shannon. The colours are quite feminine – but so’s THE Intelligent Ginger (my wife!) and one thing I like about it is that it blends into the background and doesn’t detract from the copy.

I agree with you about the banners – they are on my list to review but as with everything there’s only so many hours in a day and it’s a case of at least there’s something there.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Cheers
    Daniel

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Dan,

I’m soooo excited to hear that you’re finally about to get up and running! After all the hard work and deep learning you’ve been doing, you and your wife deserve every success.

I’m not a designer (FAR from it), but would echo Shan’s comments. The feminity of the overall branding is lovely, but probably best for a target market that’s skewed towards women – if you’re going for tradies etc, then it may not be 100% right just yet – but that can be tweaked down the track.

Re the slider, the image of the person driving and the accompanying text moved too fast for me to read them – I had to scroll back several times before it made sense. Overall I think the images you’ve chosen here are great – but they don’t necessarily gel with the pink, feminine branding.

Very easy to read though, and very thoughtfully laid out.

I hope that helps,
    Jayne

WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    Up

OK… comments about the pink have been duly noted. Although tradies are not necessarily the be all and end all of our target market (there are lots of office type jobs where people spend time on the road as well) many of them would be…

The pink is gone! I actually like the new scheme better – it doesn’t detract from the content at all like I thought it would – if anything it enhances it!

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Hello Dan,

Don’t know enough about websites to give any useful feedback.

Mostly wanted to say congratulations and that I guess you will need to change your signature now.

Well done!

All best,

Lindsay

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.