Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website Review: www.wholesale.com.au

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    createdevelop
    • Total posts: 171
    Up
    ::

We would love a review of our newest website http://www.wholesale.com.au.

We are, obviously, targeting the restaurant and hospitality industry by offering wholesale prices and the ability to by online. There is a wide range of products, including take away cups etc.

At the moment the main concerns are, would you by from this website? If you are in the restaurant business we would love to hear feedback as to what you look for in a supplier.

If there is anything on the website that you think might stop you from buying, what is it?

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

I found it nice and clean, easy to read, nice consistently sized images.

Alphabetised side bar (lovely), I just found the red on yellow a little harsh on the eyes.

The low shipping is a bonus as well.

Do you have to be a restaurant to purchase from you? We would be interested in the paper tablecloths for our shops activity tables (am just about to embark on price comparisons).

IT Advocate
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

This is one website that doesn’t need a peer review! It is really fantastic.

Would I buy from it? Absolutely!

However much you spent, it was worth it. The site is really fast, and most importantly very intuitive to use.

Design = 10/10
    Usability = 10/10
    Perceived Credibility = 10/10 –> this is one of my personal benchmarks, people judge a business by its website, a dodgy looking website will lose sales.

The only thing I would like to see is someones name. You don’t have a store location, only a PO box and the Contact Us is all generic.

The About Us doesn’t actually tell me anything about YOU. It’s just more sales information about your brands.

The information buried in your history page should be at the start of your About Us -> http://www.wholesale.com.au/about-us/history

Cheers

John

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

Damn, sweet domain. :)
    Nice site to boot.

createdevelop
    Up

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! Glad to see everyone likes the website and would buy from it!

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

I agree – looks great.

Just in reference to earlier post about alphabetic order (which I also quite like) – Drinking Straws followed by Docket Books

These should be swapped around if going for alphabetical order :)

morpheyous
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hi,

Love the site, no need for review, only thing I picked up is the weights and measures seem to be american. 8oz cups?

Only a small nitpick because it is a .com.au

Other than that, excellent job!!

Samith
    • Total posts: 187
    Up

Love the one page checkout! Nice clean website, do you own Netstarter? or did you get the website done by Netstarter? would be nice to see how much you had to spend, I really admire their work, very professional.

tayjooann.com
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

Very interesting!

But just wondering out of curiosity… how much did you pay for this domain name!

When buying my domain name.. i figured someone probably bought every word in the dictionary! 😡

createdevelop
    Up
    tayjooann.com, post: 87767 wrote:
    Very interesting!

But just wondering out of curiosity… how much did you pay for this domain name!

When buying my domain name.. i figured someone probably bought every word in the dictionary! 😡

The client purchased the domain before we started work with them. I haven’t asked how they did it, but I suspect they purchased the domain as some sort of after market deal.

There are still a lot of dictionary words that are available for .com.au domains. In any case, in our experience, not being exact with your name is more than made up for if your website/service is memorable.

DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

A domain name like that would be so good for some kind of affiliate directory. Also nice site I like the quick checkout option.

Oh My Geek
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

First of all, good job on securing that domain name! The name itself is a very valuable asset :)

I’m not in the hospitality industry, but having dealt with several wholesaler sites in my niches (gifts, homewares, apparel) yours is clean, to-the-point and seemingly easy to transact with. The only thing I found was that (as mentioned already) the yellow/red category list was very intense, I’d rather see you use that colour combo for a ‘special offer’ (e.g. the shipping rates) and subdue the category list colours a little bit as your customers will need to constantly refer to those links.

I also like that you have a business summary at the bottom of the page (great for SEO) – this is something I need to do on my own site ASAP.

Keep up the great work!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.