Home – New Forums Starting your journey Website reviewing/feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lemikidd
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

To be deleted

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Your url is wrong.

You need to run a spell check over your site.

So if you send me faulty goods, I have to pay the return postage, thats poor form, I definitely wouldn’t be buying from you, if you make a mistake why should I have to pay.

Check your cut and paste Privacy policy, and fill in the bits that they say needs to be filled in.

Is section 15 of your terms of service correct

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

Hello [USER=117833]@Lemikidd[/USER] you should post to https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?forums/tell-me-straight.21/
    for reviews. [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] has given you some good advice. The details are more important than the design in most cases. If you have incomplete terms, spelling mistakes or lack of content people won’t trust your website.

You don’t have any product descriptions as far as I can tell. Yes you have dimensions but I am talking about words that describe the product. These are still really important for search engines and people with disabilities.

Your home page has 2 H1 tags which can be an issue for SEO.

The way search takes you to an entirely blank page looks really dodgy.

On mobile the search icon disappears completely.

There is no information about who you are or where you are and no contact details except a messager form.

Why you have masks on a kids clothes site baffles me. I think I get what you are doing but don’t think it looks very on target.

Good luck.

John

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    John Debrincat, post: 269748, member: 2969 wrote:
    Why you have masks on a kids clothes site baffles me. I think I get what you are doing but don’t think it looks very on target.

John it seems to be the latest pivot (gee I hate that terminology), even my giftware wholesalers now offer face masks, and I bet most of them wont meet the standards set by the TGA or whoever the authority is. Maybe I’ll pivot in them as well.

John Debrincat
    Up
    bb1, post: 269753, member: 53375 wrote:
    John it seems to be the latest pivot (gee I hate that terminology), even my giftware wholesalers now offer face masks, and I bet most of them wont meet the standards set by the TGA or whoever the authority is. Maybe I’ll pivot in them as well.
    Hi [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] happy Tuesday., [Mod Edit to remove contents that break the Forum Golden Rule – Be nice, respectful].
    John
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

It looks like the OP may have made some changes in view of the above comments (e.g. faulty items, postage will be covered by the business in order to return). For me, as a consumer (with a child right in your target age groups) I quite like the products, however, contact information is a must. I simply won’t purchase if there’s no way to contact the business other than FB messenger. I like to see a contact page with business name/ABN, web form, phone number, email address, general location. I completely appreciate not everyone has a dedicated phone number for business but the absence of one makes me think it’s going to be difficult to contact *if* something needs an urgent contact. Just seeing the phone number conveys trust to me, like wise the general location of the business and ABN etc. All the best :)

John Debrincat
    Up
    John Debrincat, post: 269768, member: 2969 wrote:
    Hi [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] happy Tuesday., [Mod Edit to remove contents that break the Forum Golden Rule – Be nice, respectful].
    John
    @moderator HUH!!!!????
    bb1
    Participant
    Up
    John Debrincat, post: 269778, member: 2969 wrote:
    @moderator HUH!!!!????
    [USER=2969]@John Debrincat[/USER] I must have missed something, I didnt see anything wrong with your original reply. Maybe I should have.
    John Debrincat
    Up
    bb1, post: 269779, member: 53375 wrote:
    [USER=2969]@John Debrincat[/USER] I must have missed something, I didnt see anything wrong with your original reply. Maybe I should have.
    Thanks Bert, no there wasn’t anything wrong with it. Baffles me. Maybe its time to stop responding in this forum.

Stay well.

All the best

John

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    John Debrincat, post: 269781, member: 2969 wrote:
    Thanks Bert, no there wasn’t anything wrong with it. Baffles me. Maybe its time to stop responding in this forum.

Stay well.

All the best

John

I notice no update from the mods, back when [USER=863]@Jayne Tancred[/USER] was doing the mod role, if we transgressed (I did once or twice), she would send a nice little message mentioning why, at least you weren’t left in the dark. Now it only tends to be if you happen to look back at a thread, you notice the mod edit, or that a whole comment has being wiped completely. Yes the forum belongs to the mods, but the forum is slipping, and its due to issues such as this that people loose interest.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

For info, one member hinted to another member to stick to their knitting.

The comment was both without foundation and could be seen a personal attack by some.

This message is at the start of every thread:

Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around.

Any posts taking the thread further off track will be removed.

John Debrincat
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 269791, member: 78928 wrote:
    For info, one member hinted to another member to stick to their knitting.

The comment was both without foundation and could be seen a personal attack by some.

This message is at the start of every thread:

Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around.

Any posts taking the thread further off track will be removed.
    [USER=78928]@Paul – FS Concierge[/USER] you are so wrong, sorry. “Stick to the knitting” is a direct quote from a book called In Search of Excellence by Tom Peters. Probably one of the most famous management books of the 20th century. The comment was far from disrespectful and was directly related to the discussion.

John

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

[USER=2969]@John Debrincat[/USER],

I (obviously) mis-read your original, “Stick to the knitting”, post.

I apologise to you, publicly here, unreservedly.

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.