Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Website: Show prices or not?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    mesmer
    • Total posts: 65
    Up
    ::

Quick question folks. I’m contemplating as to whether I should show my prices (for hypnotherapy) on my website, or not.

So, to show, or not to show, that is the question :-)

FYI my prices will be competitive and on a par with local competitors, mid range, not the cheapest, but nowhere near the most expensive.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

If you want people to use your services… you need to remove any and every obstacle in there way… Not having a price on your website would turn many away.

Unless you have some awesome celebrities telling everyone how good you are and its a service that if you have to ask you cant afford ;)

mesmer
    • Total posts: 65
    Up
    Phillip P, post: 145985 wrote:
    If you want people to use your services… you need to remove any and every obstacle in there way… Not having a price on your website would turn many away.

Unless you have some awesome celebrities telling everyone how good you are and its a service that if you have to ask you cant afford ;)

Hi Phillip, , many thanks. I guess I’m worried about putting folk off by displaying a price, but then again I guess if they can’t afford it, they can’t afford it. Back in the UK I did do some pro bono work because I could afford to, but here it’s got to be strictly business.

Cheers.

Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up

Regardless of what people are offering these days, the norm is to show a price, but also make sure you show what differentiates you from everybody else.

Why should they come to you and forget about the others, and make sure you keep the wording simple and in laymans terms.

Good luck with your venture. I understand what it’s like with doing Pro bono work as I still do it, but trying to limit it.

Brent

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Make sure you get some great testimonials and increase your prices every year for NEW clients.

Gordan
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Definitely show your prices, as well as any other information that a general customer may want to know. As someone else mentioned, eliminate obstacles.

Kath6707
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi,

Personally, if i visit a website that doesn’t show any prices for products / services then i just leave and look elsewhere. The exception to this would be if i was looking for something that i couldn’t find anywhere else.

Business wise, i have also found this to be true. For a while, i needed my customers to contact me for a shipping quote on a few items, and soon noticed a sharp decrease in the sale of these products.

Best of luck,
    Kath

http://www.wagsandpurrspetsupplies.com.au

HelloSusie
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

I totally agree with the others.

Showing prices is a good thing.

Developing and displaying packages for your services is even better.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Whoa, seems a lot of people mistaking personal opinion or experience for fact.

If you take the time to do the research, there are plenty of examples/case studies where certain services have achieved more enquiries by not showing prices on their site. I have certainly worked with clients over the years where this was the case. So at the very least, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. And there is definitely a difference between selling a “product” and a “service”.

Many potential clients for some services are put off by just seeing a price they immediately think is “a lot” for a particular service. But get that same person on the end of the telephone (or in some cases even an email conversation) where you’re able to answer some of their specific questions, and the price becomes a secondary consideration. Ask any sales person.

My advice might be to do a little experiment, and have two pages – one with prices, one without – and run two similar Adword campaigns and see what kinds of responses you get from each. Might give you some insight into your market.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi there

I like Zava’s idea of running 2 pages concurrently if you are able. This will provide a better idea of what’s best for your business.

Having said that, I actually recently visited and employed the services of a hypnotherapist and must admit that I moved on from any site where the price was not displayed. Quite a few businesses in your field, that I came across, do show their prices it seems. I would certainly suggest that you include some thorough information about what the price includes… for example, I could see with my therapist’s page that the price was for 2 full sessions, take-home CDs, ongoing support/sessions if required etc etc so I was able to a fairly well-informed decision based on that information whether it was good value and how it compared to others etc.

All the best with it.

SamSpence
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

For what it’s worth, here is my thoughts on displaying prices!

I display my prices on my website, for a couple of reasons – I don’t enjoy the ‘this is how much I charge’ conversation, and it may also weed out any ‘tyre kickers’.

Good luck with your decision!

Erik
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

For me, it’s a 100% show.

If I’m looking at a service offering on a website, and there is no price, I walk away.

The only caveat is if you are the sole provider for a service or an offering; the customer has to come to you.

For anything else, you should have the conviction to stand beside your price point.

Natalie Khoo
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

Hi Mesmer,

Whether you display pricing on your website or not depends on the kind of work you do. If you are providing a service that does not vary i.e. a set price for an hourly session, then yes I would show the prices on your website. However, if you are a business that involves quoting on a particular client’s requirements i.e. an interior designer or financial advisor, I would leave the pricing out. This is because many pricing options can overwhelm the customer, and as Zava design cleverly said, it’s more about developing a connection or understanding needs first, and pricing comes second.

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

I personally find not advertising pricing or relevant information is a turn off.

You want your clients to have all the information they require at their finger tips & not having to do the run around.

Good luck!

Breevree73
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Absolutely. Show prices.
    If you go to (for example) to the physio, they have their prices displayed.
    Your website is your ‘shopfront’
    Cheers
    Bree

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.