Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Website to help people find photographers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Photo Portal
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone! I’ve launched a website (Photo Portal) that aims to make it simple to link photographers with those looking for photographers. My slogan is “Your Portal to the Perfect Photographer.”

At the moment the site is functionally very simple. As someone looking for a photographer, you provide some details about what you’re after, a location, and a date for the job. As a photographer, you can search for jobs near you and provide a quote. Photographers also have a basic public profile that includes a link to their website and a brief “about me” section so that a potential client can find out more about them.

The site is completely free, and will be for the foreseeable future. The idea long-term would be to charge a small fee for photographers for advanced features down the track, but I would never charge for any pre-existing functionality.

My biggest challenge I think will be in getting people looking for photographers to post on the site. I believe reaching photographers would be reasonably simple as a number of online forums are frequented by photographers, but I have not been able to find such a place for people looking for photographers.

I would certainly appreciate any critiques and suggestions for the website, as well as advice about how I might market the site to those seeking photographers!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there PhotoPortal,

Congratulations on your progress with this so far, and welcome to Flying Solo :)

I hope you pick up plenty of handy tips hanging out with us here on the forum.

All the best,
    Jayne

Photo Portal
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 187521 wrote:
    Hi there PhotoPortal,

Congratulations on your progress with this so far, and welcome to Flying Solo :)

I hope you pick up plenty of handy tips hanging out with us here on the forum.

All the best,
    Jayne

Thanks Jayne, so far the information on this site has proved invaluable indeed!

affgar
    • Total posts: 123
    Up

Nice idea.

Try to get your website on as many business directories as you can.
    I think you need an incentive for a potential customer.

Can you provide reviews or a gallery of work or customer feedback.
    It’s hard to get traffic & regularity when you are just starting out.

If things go well, down the track .. you could charge for advertising space, charge a membership fee for photographer signup or charge a commission per job/customer match.

Best of luck.
    Sounds like a nice concept.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.