Home – New Forums Tech talk Website Traffic

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #990349
    MEC
    Member
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi,

    I have just started my own small electrical services business on the Gold Coast. I have created a website, but i am having trouble getting traffic to my website. Does anyone have any tips or ideas?

    web: http://www.murphyelectricalcontractors.com

    Our website is very new, i have created a Facebook business page a Google plus Business page and listing our business on true local/yellow pages/hotfrog/ect.

    I read online this can help with organic website traffic, does anyone have anymore tips?

    We have a small marketing budget. Does anyone know the price range for paying for SEO work to be done?

    Or know of cheap/moderate effective marketing ways. Google Adword seems costly and paying Yellow Pages doesn’t seem to pay off.

    Thanxs in advance.

    **** I have made changes to my website any feed back would be GREAT THANK YOU

    #1176506
    sam_leader
    Member
    • Total posts: 660
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi MEC,

    Welcome to the Flying Solo forums.

    I’ve moved your thread to the ‘search engine’ forum as you’re more likely to catch the attention of someone with the knowledge you seek. That said it’s pretty quiet around these parts at this time of year! So do check back as 2015 kicks off when things will pick up again.

    Cheers,

    Sam

    #1176507
    MD Clean
    Participant
    • Total posts: 308
    Up
    0
    ::

    Good luck with your new venture.

    IMO, there are a few things you need to look at:

    1 Page Load Speed – needs to be under 3 seconds
    2 Get a Google Adwords Campaign – you need to do it right though otherwise you will spend too much for little to no result
    3 The website colors hurt my eyes
    4.There are walls of texts and people will not read all of the info and this will lead them to go elsewhere. You need good copy writing.
    5 You need an SEO assessment and subsequent work or your site will never be found on Google.

    I know it’s a lot to do.

    Private message me if you need a more in depth explanation.

    #1176508
    tf76
    Member
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    0
    ::

    Number 1 thing to do that is easy.

    Set up a google account, create a google plus page and a my business page.
    Once you have completed your job send out a quick email thanking your client and ask a small favor if they can write a testimonial for you via google review.

    Google likes this.

    Concentrate on your keywords on your site and get social as well. Facebook, instagram, pinterest etc….

    In regards to the look of your site, make it simpler. It’s trying to say too much right now.
    Here is an electricians site I did a while back. This might help you :)

    http://dmccauleyelectrical.com

    Regards,

    #1176509
    Aidan
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi there,

    For my 2 cents, while I normally hate Wix sites I think you have done a good job with this one.

    I would not use the dmccauley site as an example of how to do things for a few reasons but one of the main ones being the lack of content particularly on the home page.

    Your approach is far more user and search engine friendly. As a matter of my personal taste I’d make the text on the home page a little less ‘glary’ and maybe use a little white space separation above and below..

    The home page loaded quickly for me but the services page took way too long. Sliders can do that unfortunately so I tend to avoid them myself.

    Google doesn’t give two hoots about client testimonials but potential customers like to see them – a testimonials page is good if you have several otherwise put one or two on your about page.

    I like the bold Calls To Action, simple form and bold telephone number – excellent.

    You could do some SEO work on the site but be aware the electrician niche is very competitive and can take ages for a new site to gain visibility. AdWords is also an option but yes I’d echo the previous comment and advise you get it done professionally unless you want to waste a lot of cash. (I can help if you wish, just pm me or contact me through my site inthe signature).

    Good Luck with it.

    #1176510
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::

    How much traffic are you getting?

    Where is it currently coming from?

    Cheers,

    Matt

    #1176511
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    0
    ::
    MatthewKeath, post: 205554 wrote:
    How much traffic are you getting?

    Where is it currently coming from?

    Cheers,

    Matt

    Of all the responses to date this is the first area I would look at.

    Dont jump into solution mode (ie spending dollars), until you know there is a problem. Like matthew has stated find out what you are getting before you jump into dollars.

    Are you getting traffic just not conversions.

    Bert

    PS I much prefer your site (although to much info) over the example given for DMC (to little)

    #1176512
    Aidan
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up
    0
    ::
    MEC, post: 205534 wrote:
    Hi,

    … i am having trouble getting traffic to my website.

    I’m not meaning to cause any offence to previous posters but in my humble opinion whatever little traffic you’re getting now is not really the issue, the task is to get traffic… the right traffic…

    Personally, if it is a new site then I would not waste time on analysing the dribble, – the numbers won’t be enough to give you any reliable stats – but instead start putting together a strategy that leads to the right traffic.

    That might be a mix of SEO/PPC/Social and a bunch of other things like advertising your site on your van, flyers, business cards, directories, any local opportunities etc. Much of that mix will come down to your abilities and budget.

    In my area there are a number of Facebook group pages where problems and solutions are discussed all the time – some clever folk build up good reputation by being helpful in those groups (without being spammy).

    I see other trades being helpful in all sorts of forums even large ones like Whirlpool and building up good reputation and recognition that way. I know I get some good enquiries through my websites by being helpful in forums including that one and this one!

    I’ve done quite a bit of AdWords work for plumbers recently, they are very happy with their results but the key is not just good AdWords management but their certainty in what a customer is actually worth.

    To them, the customer is not worth just the dollar value of the first interaction, they factor in a referral value too and any repeat business possibility. A customer who spends $80 today on a drainage problem might actually be worth many hundreds in the long run. It’s that average lifetime value they use in their marketing calculations which allows them to pay up to $20 per click and sometimes more!

    It seems its quite common to get other business enquiries (and sometime large ones) by being at a simple job and impressing with service. In one case a plumber was called to a simple blocked drain job which he was offering at stupid cheap fixed price and ended up getting a very large project on top, approaching 6 figures. The new client wit the blocked drain was a property developer!

    Different strokes and all that but I’d certainly advise having a good think about your budget (both time and dollars) and about any existing connections you might be able to leverage.

    I’d also think about what the average customer lifetime value might be, it will help to justify any spending you might get into (time or dollars!).

    Good Luck

    #1176513
    MEC
    Member
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    0
    ::
    MatthewKeath, post: 205554 wrote:
    How much traffic are you getting?

    Where is it currently coming from?

    Cheers,

    Matt

    Hi Matt,

    Thank you for your reply, I’m not getting much traffic at all. The only place i can see I’m getting traffic from is a gumtree ad i posted. I have only recently created this website.

    Thanxs

    #1176514
    MEC
    Member
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    0
    ::
    tf76, post: 205544 wrote:
    Number 1 thing to do that is easy.

    Set up a google account, create a google plus page and a my business page.
    Once you have completed your job send out a quick email thanking your client and ask a small favor if they can write a testimonial for you via google review.

    Google likes this.

    Concentrate on your keywords on your site and get social as well. Facebook, instagram, pinterest etc….

    In regards to the look of your site, make it simpler. It’s trying to say too much right now.
    Here is an electricians site I did a while back. This might help you :)

    http://dmccauleyelectrical.com

    Regards,

    Hi,

    Thank you for your reply, i have created Google plus business and Google plus local pages along with Facebook account. But this hasn’t help much in finding traffic for my website.

    I can see that my website might have to much content and will lessen this.

    thanxs

    #1176515
    MEC
    Member
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    0
    ::
    Aidan, post: 205553 wrote:
    Hi there,

    For my 2 cents, while I normally hate Wix sites I think you have done a good job with this one.

    I would not use the dmccauley site as an example of how to do things for a few reasons but one of the main ones being the lack of content particularly on the home page.

    Your approach is far more user and search engine friendly. As a matter of my personal taste I’d make the text on the home page a little less ‘glary’ and maybe use a little white space separation above and below..

    The home page loaded quickly for me but the services page took way too long. Sliders can do that unfortunately so I tend to avoid them myself.

    Google doesn’t give two hoots about client testimonials but potential customers like to see them – a testimonials page is good if you have several otherwise put one or two on your about page.

    I like the bold Calls To Action, simple form and bold telephone number – excellent.

    You could do some SEO work on the site but be aware the electrician niche is very competitive and can take ages for a new site to gain visibility. AdWords is also an option but yes I’d echo the previous comment and advise you get it done professionally unless you want to waste a lot of cash. (I can help if you wish, just pm me or contact me through my site inthe signature).

    Good Luck with it.

    Hi,

    Thank you for your reply, and thank you for the website tips i will take all on board and make some changes tonight.

    With SEO work…….. is it possible with a wix website, i have tried all there website SEO tools along with apps but doesn’t seem to help much.

    I have used website checking tools and Google Analytics. I’m finding i have no rank on Google and no traffic to my website.

    My google bussines page and google local page don’t show up in search results. Does it take google awhile to rank your website?

    thanxs

    #1176517
    MEC
    Member
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    0
    ::
    bb1, post: 205558 wrote:
    Of all the responses to date this is the first area I would look at.

    Dont jump into solution mode (ie spending dollars), until you know there is a problem. Like matthew has stated find out what you are getting before you jump into dollars.

    Are you getting traffic just not conversions.

    Bert

    PS I much prefer your site (although to much info) over the example given for DMC (to little)

    Hi Bert,

    Thank you for your reply, our website fairly new so when i use google analytic or other website checking tools I’m not really getting much information.

    I have been trying to get organic website traffic, but not having much luck i have added us to most online directories along with social media sites facebook and instagram ect. We don’t have a big marketing budget.

    I’m goes to make some changes to the website aswell (less info)

    Thanxs again

    #1176518
    RMD
    Participant
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    0
    ::

    register your site for search engines , eg google http://www.google.com/webmasters/

    The main thing about visitors is content, those types of sites are brochure sites and never get organic traffic, if you use them you need to do goole of facebook adds etc, or physical advertise in your area.

    To have google send organic traffic you need to build a dynamic website, wordpress is best and add contact , about, service,and least 30 content pages, set p your blog and post electrical tips at least once weekly, and repost those posts to your google plus, facebook, pinterest with photo, do you tube video on electrical tips, your expertise, to your tube account add links in your posts to all these accounts, add links in your posts to other electrical information and to your social accounts,

    this should get you started if you do this for a year you will get good traffic, use local keywords with electrical ones

    #1176519
    TwoTreesMarketing
    Member
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hey buddy,

    So…
    We own and operate an SEO and Digital Marketing business with international clients, so I think I can probably help here

    First thing I would say-unless your using a paid domain that you own, dont spend a penny promoting traffic, or seo to it.

    Although the chances are slim, if they wanted to an unpaid site can be removed at the drop of a hat, and all the work will be wasted.

    I just wrote a 10,000 word guide on analysing your business current website roi, the potential traffic and the cost to attain it etc (I think it may be in my signature) but heres the general rule of thumb

    PPC and adwords will get you traffic now, but you will only continue to get traffic while you pay

    SEO and content marketing will help improve your conversions and grow your organic traffic over time

    If you have the time to invest I would suggest performing manual outreach to potential clients in forums, blogs, meet and greets etc as its highly effective for lower cost

    Have you used any keyword tools to track the potential traffic to your site? Do you know where that traffic hangs out online?
    Is that traffic worthwhile to acquire, or would simple PPC workout cheaper?

    If you want to chat more in depth i’m happy to help for 15 minutes over skype?

    We have a contact form here to book in a time http://www.twotreesmarketing.com/contact-us that will give you our current availability

    In terms of free traffic generation, learn your market, track the trends, interact as much as you can with them online, utilise others platforms via adverts or guest posts etc, or sponsorship

    What you have to understand is, its always new tweaks to be made, but each tweak improves and increases your sales-and online there is a whole heap of potential for you to take hold of

    Good Luck!

    Daniel

    #1176520
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    0
    ::

    I’m not sure how this site is setup, but it doesn’t make any sense to show your content via http://www.murphyelectricalcontractors.com/?_escaped_fragment_=

    I found that because I see no content when viewing the source code on your home page. The problem appears to extend further to your inner pages.

    http://www.murphyelectricalcontractors.com/?_escaped_fragment_=services/ceb2

    This really isn’t ideal.

    Is this a Wix site Aiden?

    PS – Almost all of your meta data is duplicated also.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.