Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Website Upgrade

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’ve previously asked for a website review a couple of years back, so I hope it’s alright to ask again..

We’ve been hard at work lately upgrading our website to a new Magento based e-commerce store.

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    Website – http://www.hammocksaustralia.com.au
    2. What does your business do?
    E-commerce store – Mexican hand-woven Hammocks
    3. Who is your target market?
    Online shoppers – homeowners, families, leisure lovers.. etc
    4. What specific concerns do you have?
    Having upgraded to a new platform, just wanting quick feedback on speed and usability of the new site.

Basically just after a quick bit on feedback on how the site runs in terms of speed and how you find it in terms of usability (everything working as expected and easy enough to navigate site).

Also since launching we’ve dropped a few places in our usual rankings on Google for our keyword ‘hammock’ just wondering if anyone knows whether that is normal for a new site, or we are missing something?

Thanks a lot,
    Mike

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

My understanding is that Google has once again changed how things work. I’ve noticed all but one of my sites, and all of my clients sites, have slipped back in their rankings too. I just get them where I want them to be and then they go and change their formulas again. Frustrating, I know.

I was listening to Chris Garrett (top blogger) recently and he said to ignore the Google rankings, to concentrate on reaching our audience, networking and providing top content and the business will come.

mexham
    Up

Hi Kathie, thanks for your reply. I used to think I was on top of things also, but with the new platform and Google changes I’m not sure where I am now!

As I often hear, it shows the importance of not relying too heavily on your Google rankings. Easier said than done though for a web based business.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

You’re No 2 in Google when I search for Hammocks. I’d say that’s pretty good!

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Mike,

Firstly – I love the products at your site!

Speed = fast, no issues there.
    Ease of use = fine, no issues there..

Each page loaded quickly and with precisely the product I thought would appear so I would say user friendly.

Tiniest of feed back – on your contact us page – worth including an email address perhaps? I know some people prefer email than using a web form.

All the best with it :)

mexham
    Up

Hi IncredibleCo, awesome thanks for checking that. Yeah I am happy with second! I find whatever computer or device I use for my searches I seem to get different search results. They must be tailored to my search history or visits perhaps..

Hi Jacqui thanks for taking the time to have a look. Great to hear it is running as intended, thanks. Good idea about the email address, I too prefer using an email addresses to a webform as I can keep track of what I have sent from my email account. We used to display it, the only problem being was the spam that would keep coming through. I think I will add it up there as to offer another contact option though.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I like it. It feels fresh like Im outdoors on a sunny day lying in a hammock.
    Well done.

Steve

mexham
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 121326 wrote:
    I like it. It feels fresh like Im outdoors on a sunny day lying in a hammock.
    Well done.

Steve

Awesome thanks Steve. Great to hear that it gives you that feeling and experience. Always good to have people in the right mood when shopping!

Cheers,
    Mike

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

Site looks good, continue with Hammock users in mind. Network with eco friendly groups too.

Cheers
    Corey

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.