Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Webslice – Website review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Webslice
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’ve just finished putting together my site and content. This is my second attempt and I think the result is better this time around with a cleaner WordPress theme etc.

I’ve tried hiring 2 designers to help add some extra css styles for things like a domain search box and the SSL page, and there was meant to be a “Slices” slider for parts of the plans etc but I’ve not had any success with them so there’s bits that still need work.

Keen to hear your thoughts and feedback on my website http://www.webslice.com.au

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Webslice,

Good on you for being brave enough to put your site up for review.

To help people give you the best feedback possible, please update this thread with the answers to the following four questions:

Quote:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

Good luck!
    Jayne

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Welcome..

Dime and a dozen type site… sorry but it is… well not sorry :-). It is a standard box, out of the box type site. you see a dime and a dozen.

Your footer needs fixing up, to busy. the agreements are underlined… perhaps change that.

Tell me upfront… why are you different…. why are you better than me… (ok I do wholesale hosting mainly but still…. WHY)

The readability test on your page is not that high, so you need a grade7 to understand your page…

Who are you trying to get as customers?

You sell SSL, yet when i type in https:// I get it is not trusted …. I am out of here.

I think you can do better, you have the right idea… but the execution might not be there as yet. It might pay to get some of the designers on this forum involved. Stand out from the crowd.
    Be better than ME.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Firstly, congratulations on your new website design. It’s never an easy thing, I don’t think a website is ever finished. Already on my own it’s changed so many times since I first developed it so I can appreciate how much effort you must be putting in.

It also takes courage to put it forward so hopefully these comments will help but you obviously need to make your own decision about what is right for your business.

Your call to action could be improved i.e what do you want me to do when I come to your website. You have “get started” underneath the plans which is probably the closest thing. Something like “buy your hosting and get started today”. I’d also look at making your phone number larger or the methods that you want people to contact you.

Why are you better than your competitors? Hosting a business website is really important so you should explain in less techical terms why business owners should host with you.

Corporate hosting should probably say “never run out of bandwidth again” rather than traffic.

Who would you say your audience is, technical minded or businesses? Hosting is such a competitive market but typically people just churn and burn with the cheap stuff. I would make more noise about your vps hosting and explain why it benefits businesses to use it.

Hope that helps, again it looks clean and professional and all the best with your business.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Mostly I think your website is good enough.

But you could improve it by splashing in a little more colour and refining your text.

Certainly not big jobs.

Also if you’re able – take the plan you think is the best option and highlight it as the most popular option.

Sometimes too much choice can be a negative thing and prevent actual purchase.

With all that said if I were you I’d probably spend another day max making a few minor changes like these.

Then focus all of your efforts on driving traffic to your site.

Best – Phil.

Webslice
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

Thanks everything for your feedback, very helpful and i’ll make some changes based on it :)

help4bis.com, post: 196043 wrote:
    Tell me upfront… why are you different…. why are you better than me… (ok I do wholesale hosting mainly but still…. WHY)

The original concept behind “Webslice” was you just select the slices of resources you need for example if your hosting mail with Google Apps or Office 365 then you don’t need email and instead you could purchase more databases / traffic / space or physical resources like memory and CPU for your hosting. I canned the idea because I found it too hard to explain. I am looking to bring it back in addition to the fixed size plans and just having it as an another option.

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up
    Webslice, post: 196331 wrote:
    Thanks everything for your feedback, very helpful and i’ll make some changes based on it :)

The original concept behind “Webslice” was you just select the slices of resources you need for example if your hosting mail with Google Apps or Office 365 then you don’t need email and instead you could purchase more databases / traffic / space or physical resources like memory and CPU for your hosting. I canned the idea because I found it too hard to explain. I am looking to bring it back in addition to the fixed size plans and just having it as an another option.

I think the common fear is that the customer does not know upfront what it is going to cost :-). We had the same issue when introducing amazon cloud etc. you pay for what you use, generally this is cheaper than a monthly fee.

Perhaps provide some examples like:
    Business xyz was paying 30 dollars per month for hosting, after our evaluation we came to the conclusion that out of those 30dollars they only used 15dollars in real stuff they needed. They would only pay 15 dollars per month would they use our pay-as-you-go webslice.
    We evaluate your pie, and have you pay only for the slice you eat…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.