Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Welcome Pack ideas that are quirky

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up
    ::

This is kind of a spin off thread a few months ago on promotional products.

We have started doing follow up feedback on past clients to get their thoughts on our service. To date, the few we’ve managed to get hold of have actually given us 10/10 and haven’t been able to give us anything that would have made their (online) purchase better.

Whilst we pride ourselves on customer service, and I could sing our praises from the rooftops, to me, it means we need to be doing something extra for the wow factor that no other online, eco baby products store, does.

I need to put together a Welcome Pack for my customers. Not the crappy “hi, look at us stuff” which usually has a welcome letter, a pen or magnet etc.

But on the ‘downside’ it needs to fit into an envelope, as a large portion of our purchases are sent this way, and I don’t want to incur additional postage fees.

So, FS’ers. Have at it. Spam me with your kooky, quirky ideas to reflect our business.

ETA – if you can think of some quirky way to do this virtually, it would be in line with our eco standing, so would also be great.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

What about environmentally friendly and responsible seed sticks or similar? Your name, Flower Child, would go with this type of thing as a promo item.
    Here are a few websites to begin your search. Cheers.

http://www.sense2.com.au/category/334/promotional-eco-friendly-seed-packets

Ethical fundraising
    http://www.seedsforthefuture.com.au/index.php/how-it-works

http://www.seedsticks.net.au/

Tony Pfitzner
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

What about a flower in amber? Like a small flower pendant in epoxy resin – a bit like Jurassic Park..

SalenaKnight
    Up

Karen – that’s a fabulous idea and certainly ticks all the boxes.

Tony, I think your idea is equally fab, but have no idea how I would go about having them made!

calebmarshall
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

You could always send them an electronic download of recipes for children. Something that both the parent and child will gain from. You could send this also via post on a branded CD, that has additional promotional material.

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

I have magic tricks that can fit inside an envelope for standard postal charges
    you can work a message around magic pretty easily

I also have used MP3 hypnotism giveaways (quit smoking, stay in shape there are 8 of them) and these are lower quality hypnosis MP3s not like the $450 ones you buy on TV but they work if you listen to them as you sleep at night and you have to listen to them for 1 to 2 weeks before they start to take effect and they don’t work all the time but they are relaxing to listen to. You can download them

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

A magic trick would be very cool!

SalenaKnight
    Up

A magic trick WOULD be cool, but we cater for under 2’s, so I’m not too sure it’s the most appropriate item..

The recipe idea is also great, and we have already set something similar up a few months ago, and it will be emailed to every newsletter subscriber. Unfortunately the back end of this is not working the way I want it too, so it’s not operational as yet.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

What about the seed stick idea then? My son is 19 months and he’d love to do some planting…

1stContact
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi flower-child, I am thinking you could approach this from a different angle.

From my experience I found that following up with clients post-purchase is invaluable in helping set as apart from our competition.

For example, As part of our registration process we ask clients for their date of birth. Then, on their birthday we email them a very simple happy birthday card with a free money transfer code inside. The feedback is phenomenal. Most client write back to say thanks and will go on to use our service again.

I am thinking you could do something similar.

For example if someone buys a boys Sz 0 T you could email them a year later with your latest range off size 1(I know very little about child clothing sizing:)) with some kind of discount. I think you will be surprised just how much people appreciate the personal touch and how effective it could be.

Hope that helps,

SalenaKnight
    Up

bridie, we have decided to go with the seed sticks (or similar), as I feel that is a perfect tie in with our brand name (flower child) and is easily posted etc. Just researching the options today.

1st contact, we do quite a bit of follow up feedback already, and I was just asking our web designer today if we could automate a birthday coupon.

Thrive Promotional
    • Total posts: 146
    Up

Hello Sal

Interesting discussion and query .. and nice idea .. and right up my alley given I’m a promotional product company … I’m also in the same First Friday group !

Would be happy to help with ideas including the seeds as this is ‘what I do’ .. if this is still a work in progress, we may meet up on 2 September, otherwise feel free to email or telephone.

Cheers,
    Morgan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.