• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mediainsider
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hi all
    My name is Mark Aiston
    I am the sports presenter at Network Ten in Adelaide but I also run a media training and education business called mediainsider
    I offer one on one, and group media training session teaching clients how to handle the media and how to promote themselves and their business through the media
    I also offer presentation skills training.
    My company also has a range of online media educatioonal products for download or stream.

Hope that helps everyone better understand who I am and what i offer.
    Obvioulsy I want to grow my business but I’m also here to offer advice on the forum as well.
    Cheers
    Mark Aiston
    PS hope that didnt sound to much like an commercial .. if im doing anything wrong please let me know.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Mark and welcome to Flying Solo.

It’s great to have you on-board, and it sounds like you have the perfect experience for the business you’re running. Do you have a website? We’d love to check it out.

Looking forward to your contributions to our chats,

Best wishes,
    Jayne

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you on board =)

Fantastic business idea – Especially with your experience in the industry.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

– Jake

Ellee
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum. Would be terrific to hear any advice you have. We spin out every time a tv camera comes near us.

mediainsider
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Thanks for welcomes everybody
    my website is
    http://www.mediainsider.com.au

(if you spot any spelling errors please let me know .. spelling is not one of my strong points.)

Yes a camera in your face can be very daunting and as a reporter and presenter you tend to take it for granted, however during training sessions it quickly becomes obvious that many people are very intimidated and unsure of what to do.

I have been interested in the latest political issues of late, there has been a lot of spin a lot of self promotion and no so much substance.

Just for fun the link below is of me way back in 1986 trying to get my words out whilst doing a “Piece to camera” for a story about ANZ possible pulling out of an Adelaide tennis event at memorial drive.
    It was very frustrating and looking back now it was quiet funny,.

The lesson: never say anything that you do not want repeated to a reporter or if there is a live microphone around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFed32VAvmw

Best
    Mark Aiston

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Mark, I am laughing so hard! Thank you for posting that video – you are such a good sport :)

Have a great afternoon,
    Jayne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.