Home – New Forums Marketing mastery What are the best Australian and international classified? [Freelance web designer]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ben Watts
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    I’ve just started freelancing and I’ve managed to land a few smaller jobs on Gumtree by advertising extremely low prices for my services (I’m currently trying to build my portfolio.). I was wondering if anybody had some knowledge of some good online websites/classified where I can advertise my services (preferably free). So far I’ve advertised on Australian sites but I’d be happy to post ads on overseas classifieds.

Regards,
    Ben.

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

Re: What are the best Australian and international classified? [Freelance web designe

Hi Ben,

I am unsure of any classifed websites that you could use but I have a completely off topic question for you.

Is your logo meant to look like the flat end of a bullet? (or am I seeing things that aren’t there?)

Ben Watts
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Re: What are the best Australian and international classified? [Freelance web designe

Hi there,
    I’ve never seen the flat end of a bullet so if it does, it’s purely coincidental.

Ben

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

If you are not concerned with making money, you could try elance or odesk or those kinds of sites.

Craigslist is the US version of Gumtree (well other way round) if you wanted to try there.

I understand you are building your portfolio, but I wouldn’t expect to earn much money from doing such things, I once put a job advert on Gumtree and was inundated with cheap labour :)

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

wow your website is harsh on the eyes! *blinks*

elance/guru/odesk are ways to bid on projects, but you’ll earn bugger all from it.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Looks like a .303 shell to me!

Seriously Ben, be real careful of bidding for jobs on the international boards, you simply cannot compete with the ‘Guy from Mumbai’ with a pirated copy of Dreamweaver who can live on fewer dollars per day than you can.

No offence to any particular city there, it just rhymes… :)

Cheers

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

I think the best way to source for website design jobs is to look offline.

Everywhere you go, local takeaway, hairdresser, mechanic, builder etc ask them for their business card – if there is no web address on it, ask them if they have a website! If they say no … Well Whoopachang! Now is your 20 seconds to convince them why they need one.

PS: After you convince them they need a website and you finish the job, they are obviously going to need more business cards printed. Tell them to give me a call =)

PPS: I use Google Chrome and your top nav bar doesn’t show up right.

– Jake

Truebuy
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I hope you will like http://www.truebuy.com.au

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

website not found….

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

King, post: 114324 wrote:
    website not found….

got the same result

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

I use IE and the site opened ok. truebuy.com.au

I’d add your services to HotFrog also mate.. All the best!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.