Home – New Forums Other discussions What are your business goals for 2023?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Suze English
    • Total posts: 33
    Up
    ::

Howdy to all our lovely members, welcome back to another year of business! I hope you’ve managed to take some quality time for yourself throughout the festive season – or that you have some planned if this is the busiest time of year for your biz!

Well, 2022 brought us all sorts of challenges and learnings, didn’t it? From round after round of interest rate rises causing cost of living and cash flow pressure, to ongoing logistics and supply hurdles leftover from the pandemic and near-constant natural disasters, it has been quite a tough year for small business.

Have these challenges (or others) held you up? Are you going to do anything differently in 2023? I think it might inspire others to hear of the business goals of other established small and solo businesses – care to share your goals for 2023?

Suze 🙂

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

My business has had significant price inflation around contractors.

I have worked hard to claw some of those rises back but have not been able to come close to par versus where I was a year ago.

To bookend the problem, finding labour is very difficult so a growth strategy is not really an option.

So in the end, my overall strategy is to tread water until conditions improve.

Lamentable, I know.

Scarlett74
    Participant
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

I have plan to increase number of products on my Etsy store. Then I hope good result in online revenue.

arttm
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

We’re planning to go mobile and perform general eCommerce conversion rate optimization, implying enhancing product pages, improving navigation, adjusting checkout flow, etc. [Mod Edit To Remove Promotional Content]

GarmentPrinting
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Suze and all our fellow members,

It’s great to be back for another year of business, and I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful festive season.

I agree with you, Suze, that 2022 brought its fair share of challenges and learnings for small business owners. The interest rate rises and ongoing supply chain disruptions have certainly made it difficult for many of us to maintain cash flow and manage costs.

Despite the challenges, I’m proud of what my business was able to achieve in 2022. We were able to pivot and adapt our business model to meet the changing demands of our customers, and I’m looking forward to continuing that momentum in 2023.

My goals for this year include expanding our product line and increasing our online presence through targeted digital marketing strategies. I also plan to prioritize building stronger relationships with our customers by offering exceptional customer service and personalized experiences.

I would love to hear from other small business owners about their goals for 2023 and how they plan to overcome any challenges they may face. Let’s inspire and support each other as we navigate the constantly evolving business landscape.

Thank you for starting this conversation, Suze, and wishing everyone a successful and prosperous year ahead!

GarmentPrinting
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I came across the article on Flying Solo about weird customer and client reviews, and I couldn’t agree more that dealing with difficult clients and reviews can be quite challenging. However, it’s also an opportunity to learn and grow as a business owner.

One of the strangest customer feedback I ever received was when a customer complained that the product we sold to them was too good and caused envy among their friends. It was an unusual complaint, but we took it seriously and had a conversation with the customer to understand their perspective better. We ended up offering a discount on their next purchase and also provided some guidance on how to handle the situation with their friends.

In another instance, we received a very unreasonable review from a client who didn’t seem to understand the scope of work they had requested. We took a deep breath, remained professional, and responded politely, addressing their concerns and explaining the situation. We also offered to discuss the matter further in person or via phone call. The client eventually understood their mistake, and we were able to resolve the issue amicably.

Overall, dealing with strange and unreasonable feedback is all about listening, understanding, and responding professionally. It’s also an opportunity to improve and refine our products or services.

I would love to hear from other Flying Solo soloists about their experiences with weird or difficult customer feedback and how they handled it. Let’s learn from each other and grow as business owners.

mers
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

hoping for our small hr tech company to be recognized this year!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.