Home – New Forums Marketing mastery what are your e-comm conversion rates?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    NickHumphries
    • Total posts: 418
    Up
    ::

Hey, what the title says. Would like to know, because mine have been under 1% recently.

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

mine is 1.8%, which is a bit lower than usual. It usually sits around 2%

NickHumphries
    Up
    flower-child, post: 87464 wrote:
    mine is 1.8%, which is a bit lower than usual. It usually sits around 2%
    thanks for letting me know,
    how many hits do you get a day? PM me if you don’t want to share that private info.
    I would just like to compare because mine have always been really bad.
    Thanks.
    King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

For many the reality is conversions under 1%, some very much below that. Conversion rates can be influenced as much by product type as anything else (i.e. people researching prior to buying – yours may be popularly researched so pushing your conversion rates down)

Here is a post (now 3 years old) that details some amazing conversion rates.

You will find some other conversion rate items here.

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    King, post: 87630 wrote:
    …that details some amazing conversion rates.

Wow! that’s amazing… these sites must be unique in the way the sell, what they sell and so on. Our product is ‘highly researched’ like you said so even dreaming about high conversion rate is unrealistic.

Having said that I am still amazed at how certain little things on a website make a big difference. For example:
    We used to have a photo of a tradie as part of original design, at some stage I created a little image with a few logos of companies we integrate to (PayPal etc) and tested it to have better engagement and conversion than the original image.

Over the past couple of months I have tested more than a dozen alternative images, including one done by a designer to mimic my original one, and none of them can beat this image. I have no idea why…

King
    Up

Good to see you are testing Nominal. Yes an image can make a big difference. In our caricature business we often do art for websites to have characters that fit the profile of the target market. See the side menu pages here

Part of the high conversion rates of those amazing sites comes from repeat sales to the same customer. Many of those sites engage in well-planned and ongoing email communication with deals and specials. PLUS they offer excellent customer satisfaction.

As an example, I was researching to providers of virtually identical products to include in my online mall.

One treated returns, customer enquiry and other matters after the sale with what I would term distain. A form had to be completed for returns, this would be assessed within 7 days… etc (This from reading the terms and conditions). The other site was like a breath of fresh air in comparison…. This matter alone would have a great impact on conversions.

Then there is a third…..I would love to know their conversion rate – they offer Free shipping, Free returns, (yes they pay the return postage), Refund or use for another purchase. This is a shoe retailer, so they encourage you to buy them, get them delivered and send back the ones that don’t fit…totally online buying barriier breakdown. So if you have a size 9 foot, you could buy 8.5, 9.9.5 and then send back the ones that don’t fit….too easy Do you think they would have a high conversion rate for even first time customers? I think so and by follow-up marketing they can exponentially leverage that percentage as well.

Tony Pfitzner
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

You also need to look at the various channels – e.g. PPC versus organic, Google versus Yahoo or Bing, direct URL entry etc. and keywords. Work on the channels and keywords that return the best ROI.

With your testing of conversion/landing pages you need to look past minor tactical changes such as a headline, an image or the colour of a button, and try some radical changes in strategy. Have a look at some websites in the US that are advertising heavily on Google and are in your industry and see if you can get some strategic clues as to how they structure their landing pages.
    If they are advertising heavily it often means they have good conversion, otherwise they would not find it cost effective.

To view Google search results as they are seen in the US market just do the search then add&gl=us[/CODE] to the URL in the address bar and reload the page.[CODE]&gl=us[/CODE] to the URL in the address bar and reload the page.

King
    Up

Of course they have done the headline, image, offer testing – and why not, these aspects can make a significant difference to be termed minor tactical changes.

But buyer restistance ramains the key issue overall – so the fear/concern free sales funnel must be optimised – that is a huge challenge!!

Tony Pfitzner, post: 87639 wrote:
    You also need to look at the various channels – e.g. PPC versus organic, Google versus Yahoo or Bing, direct URL entry etc. and keywords. Work on the channels and keywords that return the best ROI.

With your testing of conversion/landing pages you need to look past minor tactical changes such as a headline, an image or the colour of a button, and try some radical changes in strategy. Have a look at some websites in the US that are advertising heavily on Google and are in your industry and see if you can get some strategic clues as to how they structure their landing pages.
    If they are advertising heavily it often means they have good conversion, otherwise they would not find it cost effective.

To view Google search results as they are seen in the US market just do the search then add&gl=us[/CODE] to the URL in the address bar and reload the page.[CODE]&gl=us[/CODE] to the URL in the address bar and reload the page.

NickHumphries
    Up
    Tony Pfitzner, post: 87639 wrote:

To view Google search results as they are seen in the US market just do the search then add&gl=us[/CODE] to the URL in the address bar and reload the page.
    thanks, I didn’t think of looking at landing pages of heavy adwords advertisers. That will do a world of good. thanks again![CODE]&gl=us[/CODE] to the URL in the address bar and reload the page.
    thanks, I didn’t think of looking at landing pages of heavy adwords advertisers. That will do a world of good. thanks again!

createdevelop
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Ours fluctuate around 2% depending on whether we do any advertising. If we advertise, we get a lower conversion, but get more conversions.

NickHumphries
    Up
    createdevelop, post: 87791 wrote:
    Ours fluctuate around 2% depending on whether we do any advertising. If we advertise, we get a lower conversion, but get more conversions.
    Thanks!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.