Home Forums Tech talk What can do this?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sam
    • Total posts: 9

Hi,

I am looking for a piece of software that I can use to manage after sales contact with customers. I have spent the morning looking into CRM and am now more confused than when I started.

I need the software to be able to either send out automated emails to follow up on sales or be reminded to send out the emails at set intervals after a sale. It also needs to be able to give reminders for real world letters or events for each customer. Preferably it will add each item to the tasks in outlook but this is not vital.

I have only recently launched my website (all of my sales are currently running through it) and do not know what I will need to do to automatically sync sales into such a piece of software but at this stage I can manage it manually if that is necessary.

I am only in the very small stages of my business at the moment so the lower the cost the better.

Any advice or recommendations would be great!

Sam

Ken Wood
    • Total posts: 54

Hi Sam,

There are a number of solutions to do what you want, it’s worth looking around to see what’s available.

Can I suggest you have a read of my ebook on the subject? See:

http://www.myobsugarbook.com

The ideas and approach may be helpful regardless of which solution you ultimately end up using.

Cheers,
    Ken

IT Advocate
    • Total posts: 195

I’ve always liked SugarCRM, I understand that you would be able to configure it to perform as per the o.p. request, right Ken?

With these sorts of open source systems you can almost customise it to perform any task you require.

Bullet Web Studio
    • Total posts: 22

Hey Sam, what are you selling on your website, and what information do the automated emails need to contain?

Website URL would be handy too, just get a feel for your business and the technical setup of your site.

If my assumptions are correct, there are a few good CRM packages that should handle this for you.

Ken Wood
    • Total posts: 54
    IT Advocate, post: 55422 wrote:
    I’ve always liked SugarCRM, I understand that you would be able to configure it to perform as per the o.p. request, right Ken?

With these sorts of open source systems you can almost customise it to perform any task you require.

Hi John,

It’s not really configuration: SugarCRM doesn’t have any accounting functionality in the standard product, our developers wrote several modules to add that capability as well as the integration with other products.

“Customisation” is indeed a better term.

Cheers,
    Ken

Sam
    • Total posts: 9

Thank you for all of your responses.

I will check out the different options people have suggested. I will have a look at the ebook as well and hopefully get my head around the whole process a little more.

I am selling skateboards on my website, the URL is ironycskateboards.com.

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Ken Wood, post: 55437 wrote:
    Hi John,

It’s not really configuration: SugarCRM doesn’t have any accounting functionality in the standard product, our developers wrote several modules to add that capability as well as the integration with other products.

“Customisation” is indeed a better term.

Cheers,
    Ken

Hi Ken,

I believe TigerCRM has some basic accounting modules – how does tiger compare with Sugar?

Valdy
    • Total posts: 15

I use SalesForce on my business – http://www.dewaforce.com.au.

This is to manage accounts, opportunities, contacts etc etc and good thing is that Software as a Service which means the software is in the cloud … you don’t need to install and manage the software and just paying licensing per month.

Cheers, Valdy

Bullet Web Studio
    • Total posts: 22

Cool. We’re skaters at Bullet (we ride longboards) and dig what you’re doing.

You’re selling skate decks to skaters, and need to do a simple followup after sales right? So the followups are presumably going to be pretty simple – “how’s the deck?” or “if you like the deck, like us on facebook”. That sort of stuff. Plus you’ll probably want to send an email newsletter out to all customers every couple of months, and let your website visitors sign up to the newsletter. Simple stuff – I’m assuming it’ll just be a single email to every customer and then ongoing communication via an email newsletter.

If this is the case – sign up to Campaign Monitor, choose an email template and create an ‘autoresponder’ which sends one after sales email a fortnight after each customer joins. Every time you make a sale, drop the customer’s name and email address into Campaign Monitor and it’ll email them with the after sales email after a fortnight. Blast out the newsletters every couple of months to everyone in your database.

Easy. If this is the extent of it, you don’t need to bother with a CRM. You just need an email newsletter and some automated email followups.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.