Home – New Forums Other discussions What did you do on Australia Day or is it just a waste of time?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    ::

I trust you had a very enjoyable Australia Day.
    My day started off by being woken at 4.30 by a 2 year old who had climbed out of his cot woke his 3 year old sister. They both crawed out of the villa via the doggie door and were yelling and laughfing the noise woke me up, and I am deaf.

However the day got better after we dropped the gkids off. “Shewhomustbe” and I drove to parramatta river and caught a ferry to the city. We got there in time for the ferry boat race. There were litterally thousands of people in the city so after the ferry boat race we took a ferry to Manly.

Manly looked like schooliesweek from the Gold coast with again hundred of scantily clad young ladies and oversexed young men trying to gain the attention of the opposite sex.

There was also aheavy police presence and at onestage the Riot squad arrived all ready to swing into action.

To eat, everwhere was packed, but I remembered a tiny resturant in a back street and as luck had it just a table for two, and thats all we needed. Great lunch away from the noisy streets and mad crowds.

We returned to the city via the ferry and decided to get back to Meadowbank…..so did everyone else.

To be able to enjoy a great day out in the sun, at a very reasonable price is great, but seeing the way people helped each other getting on and off ferries and in the streets, the light hartedness of the day everyone enjoying just being alive and in a great country, makes me proud to be an Australian.

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

I walked up to the top of Mt Lofty (Adelaide) burning around 1000 calories where upon I ate a big plate of fish and chips, a rasberry split and orange and mango juice.

The walk up and down did not quite burn off what I consumed but it was a nice day.

Then went home and watched some tennis, then had a movie marathon.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Crazy bugger Adam…

I spent the day watching movies because my wife was house bound with a crook back. YAY!!

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

Hahahahahahahahahaha, Chris that’s a classic.

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

Sorry Chris but a week into marriage, what am I to think….hope she gets better soon.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Hahahaha you’re a dirty old man Burgo :P

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

I laughed so hard then it hurt.

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

I had a much quieter AusDay 2010.

Woke up late, did some web development work for some personal projects, had lunch with my partner, flipped past the tennis on the TV, listened to a little bit of Triple J’s Hottest 100, and kicked back for a movie/DVD night.

OK, so a fair bit of Aussie ‘bludging’ got jammed into that one day. But was nice to be out of the ‘office headspace’.

Mat
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

Big Day Out, almost 13hours of non stop live bands playing…And Burgo the scantily clad females and sexed up young blokes were there in force too…

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

The first half of my day was pretty relaxed then from approx 12.30 (just after mid-day) til around 9pm that night… spend the day working if you could call it that :-)

I was booked to pet sit a puppy and cat. More so for the puppy.

They had A/C… and gave me a “tip” (due to being OZ day I didn’t mind) of 3 cans of VB Gold :-D hahaha … and I spent the day watching DVDs whilst making sure the puppy was adequately exercised (mental not just physical exercise).

Yeah. Man. I hate my work <--- NOT!!!!!!!! LOL!

Mat, post: 25628 wrote:
    Big Day Out, almost 13hours of non stop live bands playing…And Burgo the scantily clad females and sexed up young blokes were there in force too…

I used to go to BDO quite frequently (then it got too expensive)… and I will say this: you HAVE to be scantily clad or you will NOT survive the day. Oh.. and that being scantily clad + flirtatious with the security at front gets you plenty of free water thrown ESPECIALLY your way :D hahaha (i always was near the front with all the band i wanted to ‘catch’ on the main stage).

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Worked for a couple of hours to service USA clients, then went to see my daughter get an Australia Day Young Citizen Award (balances the Young Queenslander Award, and the The Order of Australia Association Student Citizenship Awards from last year quite nicely on the shelf) then back to work for an hour. Then beer time.

akagrp
    • Total posts: 315
    Up

I feel bad saying it but I spent Australia Day meeting up with a client as they were in panic mode as there renovations for second level expansions for there business were blowing out and needed to work face to source additional funding and see what could be done, was only day I could get both partners to come in at same time.

Though I did start of good, I had planned to visit the Luk Chai’s the new addition to Taronga Zoo. Hoping to do this weekend

Tracey Anne
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

Backyard cricket in the morning, barbie for lunch, beers and watching the REAL cricket in the afternoon. No work allowed :)

Congratulations to your daughter King. That’s quite an achievement, you must be very proud.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.