Home – New Forums New here? Share your story what do i need to do to kick start an online store

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Nikita
    • Total posts: 120
    Up
    ::
    King, post: 108055 wrote:
    2. the ability to tell us more. You say retail store, but everyone here assumes online, while a Bricks and Mortar store needs lots of other elements before even looking at online. Get a domain name once you know your name, but other than that online can wait.
    ‘hunger’

Thread title?

Nikita
    • Total posts: 120
    Up
    King, post: 108055 wrote:
    2. the ability to tell us more. You say retail store, but everyone here assumes online, while a Bricks and Mortar store needs lots of other elements before even looking at online. Get a domain name once you know your name, but other than that online can wait.
    ‘hunger’

Thread title?

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    novnik, post: 108057 wrote:
    Thread title?

told I was half full ;)

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    novnik, post: 108057 wrote:
    Thread title?

told I was half full ;)

HollyRose
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Hi Amol,

What is it you are going to be selling?

You will need an ABN. You only need to register for GST if your turn over is over a certain amount. If you dont register for GST you just report your income in your individual tax return. If your going to be making a significant financial investment (of course, how much is a matter of personal opinion) I would highly, highly, reccomend writing a detailed business plan. All too many businesses fail due to lack of planning. I could send you an example business plan that I wrote for a university subject if you like.

I might be able to help with your website, my new business is: http://www.freesmallbusinesswebdesign.com

I also have a Business Management and Psychology degree and a teenie-weenie bit of personal experience. I’m only to happy to help out with specific questions, but I think you should do some research first. You might get a better response from people in forums if you can demonstrate that you have done your own research and are able to be specific with questions.

Best of luck,

HollyRose.

HollyRose
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Hi Amol,

What is it you are going to be selling?

You will need an ABN. You only need to register for GST if your turn over is over a certain amount. If you dont register for GST you just report your income in your individual tax return. If your going to be making a significant financial investment (of course, how much is a matter of personal opinion) I would highly, highly, reccomend writing a detailed business plan. All too many businesses fail due to lack of planning. I could send you an example business plan that I wrote for a university subject if you like.

I might be able to help with your website, my new business is: http://www.freesmallbusinesswebdesign.com

I also have a Business Management and Psychology degree and a teenie-weenie bit of personal experience. I’m only to happy to help out with specific questions, but I think you should do some research first. You might get a better response from people in forums if you can demonstrate that you have done your own research and are able to be specific with questions.

Best of luck,

HollyRose.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.