Home – New Forums Starting your journey What do you call yourself?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RoseMatthews
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hello, me again! Still working with the government on how to better support people going into business.

From our first round of research, which loads of you took part in (thank you!!!), we’ve narrowed focus down to people who are earning money but aren’t necessarily “a business”, or aren’t a business *yet*. We want to find a way to clarify what governmental obligations do and don’t apply to you at that stage.

So now we’re testing out some ideas!

Firstly – how would you describe yourself, and what ‘categories’ of ‘not yet a business’ are there? If you even can categorise them..?

We’ve built a quick drag-and-drop exercise you can complete. Tell us how you describe yourself, then look at some of the other descriptions people are using and pull them into groups. Then name those groups.

Complete the online exercise

Let me know what you think!

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

That was interesting!!

While I understand the need to collect data this way, it annoys me when I’m completing online forms requiring me to select my category and not only isn’t it among the choices, but there’s no “other” option.

Wendy :)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Sorry I don’t do things that ask for an email address, and don’t promise that we wont be spammed, scammed, or any other untoward things.

PS. I really do question if this is a number one high priority thing in the digital transformation (which your website is still useless) projects, I am struggling to see the relevance.

Sorry don’t want to appear negative, but if this is what our tax dollars are going to, I question if the project is achieving anything, maybe that’s the reason for the website which tells us nothing.

RoseMatthews
    Up

Good point Wendy – I get frustrated by that too. And really, is it necessary? If putting yourself into a category is difficult and unnatural, let’s not do it at all! Celebrate individuality :-)

RoseMatthews
    Up

Bert you know I always welcome your input :-) And you can rest assured I’ve got no interest in passing your email address to anyone or sending you anything – the only reason we ask is so we can check for duplications and weed out any government people who fill it out.

We know from our research that there are thousands and thousands of people earning an income without feeling sure of their government obligations, and that the problem is growing as new platforms (e.g. Airbnb, Uber etc) become popular. We have a working theory for how to work better with those people, and we’ll keep testing and modifying that theory over the next 12 weeks (this project’s launch date!) and beyond.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    RoseMatthews, post: 229795, member: 74303 wrote:
    We know from our research that there are thousands and thousands of people earning an income without feeling sure of their government obligations, and that the problem is growing as new platforms (e.g. Airbnb, Uber etc) become popular.

Starting to sound uncannily like a tax grab, people not declaring their obligations watch out ;).. LOL

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    bb1
    Participant
    Up
    Bert you know I always welcome your input :) And you can rest assured I’ve got no interest in passing your email address to anyone or sending you anything – the only reason we ask is so we can check for duplications and weed out any government people who fill it out.

Than tell us that, don’t just ask for an email address, that is exactly how the spammers and scammer work. Be professional.

And I note that you say you have no interest, what about the project, yes I know it is being picky, but that’s why people asking for address’s should state up front what it is to be used for. Surely the DTO has heard of the privacy requirements,

Plus just to let you know, having worked for government, I also had a private email address, so I think there are many ways a government person could do the survey.

We know from our research that there are thousands and thousands of people earning an income without feeling sure of their government obligations, and that the problem is growing as new platforms (e.g. Airbnb, Uber etc) become popular. We have a working theory for how to work better with those people, and we’ll keep testing and modifying that theory over the next 12 weeks (this project’s launch date!) and beyond.

So how will knowing what people call themselves help with that.

RoseMatthews
    Up

Bert I wish we could have set up that face-to-face chat in the first phase of research – I’d be delighted to show you exactly what we’re working on any time ;-)

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    RoseMatthews, post: 229798, member: 74303 wrote:
    Bert I wish we could have set up that face-to-face chat in the first phase of research – I’d be delighted to show you exactly what we’re working on any time ;-)

Rose, I think your answer has just highlighted the problem, it is not just me that wants to know this stuff, it is the 10 million (I just made that number up), tax payers who want to know what our money is being spent on, there is no point in having a face to face with one person, your web site needs to tell us, and it just doesn’t. we don’t need to see a picture of your CEO, just REAL information on what our money is being spent on, at the moment all I see is a survey which IMO doesn’t achieve much. Sorry I’ll stop annoying you now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.