Home – New Forums Tell me straight… What do you think?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keepsakes Design
    • Total posts: 54
    Up
    ::

Hi All
    I have eventually finished revamping my website – http://www.keep-sakes.net.au. I am usually the one looking from the outside into my clients businesses and offering advice. I can’t do that with my own business :) I would appreciate your feedback!
    Thanks in advance!
    Jackie

webtrade
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

Hi Jackie,

I really like the design of your website. The problem I had as a visitor is quickly working out exactly what services you offer and how you can help me. Unless I read through your text in detail, I might not ‘get it’.

If I searched for marketing services or similar keywords, I might open the top 5 or 6 results in new windows. Your website is then immediately competing with the other windows I have opened for my attention. What separates you from competitors and will make me stay on your website? My suggestion is to summarise your services better for new visitors and clearly define your specialty. It is good to have diverse services, but it needs to be tied together through a key capability. Is there a way you can visually illustrate what you do in a simple diagram or table?

Once in the main website, the ‘home page’ becomes the About Us page. I recommend having a proper homepage with good, relevant keywords used in the body. Remember, when people search for marketing services, they probably won’t be searching for your business name but rather keywords describing what they are looking for.

Also, as a business, is there a reason you have a .net.au and not a .com.au?

Other suggestions:
    -Consider changing email address to a non-sales focused alias
    -Your testimonials are good, but there isn’t anything measurable to demonstrate your results e.g. increased website traffic by x%, boosted sales by y%

Overall, I think the website is very professionally presented but the content needs to cater for new visitors who may know they need help but are not exactly sure what assistance they are looking for.

Good luck! It’s looking very professional.

webtrade
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

Hi Jackie,

I really like the design of your website. The problem I had as a visitor is quickly working out exactly what services you offer and how you can help me. Unless I read through your text in detail, I might not ‘get it’.

If I searched for marketing services or similar keywords, I might open the top 5 or 6 results in new windows. Your website is then immediately competing with the other windows I have opened for my attention. What separates you from competitors and will make me stay on your website? My suggestion is to summarise your services better for new visitors and clearly define your specialty. It is good to have diverse services, but it needs to be tied together through a key capability. Is there a way you can visually illustrate what you do in a simple diagram or table?

Once in the main website, the ‘home page’ becomes the About Us page. I recommend having a proper homepage with good, relevant keywords used in the body. Remember, when people search for marketing services, they probably won’t be searching for your business name but rather keywords describing what they are looking for.

Also, as a business, is there a reason you have a .net.au and not a .com.au?

Other suggestions:
    -Consider changing email address to a non-sales focused alias
    -Your testimonials are good, but there isn’t anything measurable to demonstrate your results e.g. increased website traffic by x%, boosted sales by y%

Overall, I think the website is very professionally presented but the content needs to cater for new visitors who may know they need help but are not exactly sure what assistance they are looking for.

Good luck! It’s looking very professional.

TrishF
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi Jackie
    I’d like to look at your site but it’s not iPhone friendly. Shame, since soooo many people use our phones to search and browse.
    Trish

TrishF
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi Jackie
    I’d like to look at your site but it’s not iPhone friendly. Shame, since soooo many people use our phones to search and browse.
    Trish

Keepsakes Design
    Up

Thanks for the great feedback guys – I will take it on-board!
    Best wishes
    Jackie

Keepsakes Design
    Up

Thanks for the great feedback guys – I will take it on-board!
    Best wishes
    Jackie

demawo
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Generally it’s a good site. Nice consistent use of colour, good interface with feedback on everything that can be interacted with.

Just one thing… the welcome screen. Terrible idea. As TrishF, she couldn’t view the site on the iPhone, because she wouldn’t be able to get past the flash loading screen. She would however be able to view the rest of the site.

It would be a great idea to get rid of that first page. If the messaging on that page is so important, move it from the current footer into the header.

And a quick update that could help… add your brand/business/site name to the end of the title on each page. E.g. “Our Services | Keepsakes Design & Marketing”. With modern browsers having a tabbed interface, it makes it easier for people to find your site.

demawo
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Generally it’s a good site. Nice consistent use of colour, good interface with feedback on everything that can be interacted with.

Just one thing… the welcome screen. Terrible idea. As TrishF, she couldn’t view the site on the iPhone, because she wouldn’t be able to get past the flash loading screen. She would however be able to view the rest of the site.

It would be a great idea to get rid of that first page. If the messaging on that page is so important, move it from the current footer into the header.

And a quick update that could help… add your brand/business/site name to the end of the title on each page. E.g. “Our Services | Keepsakes Design & Marketing”. With modern browsers having a tabbed interface, it makes it easier for people to find your site.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.