Home – New Forums Starting your journey What do you think?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Missy666
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone,

I am currently on maternity leave and have been working hard to get my business product line up and running! i produce handmade gifts and homewares. I would love to know what you think of my designs. I feel i now need to move past the generously biased comments of family and friends and face the reality of the world!

At the moment I have a small collection which i display at the following etsy shop link
    https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/ForageandFumble?ref=hdr_shop_menu

If anyone can spare a minute or two to have a look and tell me what you think of the designs i would really appreciate it!

Thank you

Sally

Ryinth
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

Very cute. :)

Are you going to expand past etsyl? Possibly your own online store? Do you have a social media presence as well?

Missy666
    Up

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate your time.

Yes, I am in the middle of getting the website completed and I am trying to figure out Twitter and facebook! I am very excited about moving the direction I am, its just that there is so much to do. I really want the feedback of complete strangers about my products as I am very open to taking on board comments, even the less favourable ones!

thanks again!

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

With your products, I would look at Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook – take advantage of the visual content and promotion.

Wendy :)

3ntr3pr3n3ur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Hi Sally,

I love a good browse on Etsy…

Very much love your items…! So much so, I’ve favourited your shop :-)

As well as within private homes, the items have a bit of a commercial feel to them. i.e. I could see a number of your items adorning walls, shelevs, and counter tops, within coffee shops, cafes etc….

Your pricing appears very reasonable…

Only concern (not related directly to your query) “Australian delivery only”…

Best wishes with your new venture (baby and online store)…!

Regards,

Alan

Missy666
    Up
    Couple It, post: 211993 wrote:
    With your products, I would look at Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook – take advantage of the visual content and promotion.

Wendy :)

Thank you Wendy. I appreciate your reply! I have set yo Pinterest and Facebook, I will investigate Instagram as well.

cheers

sally

Missy666
    Up
    3ntr3pr3n3ur, post: 211998 wrote:
    Hi Sally,

I love a good browse on Etsy…

Very much love your items…! So much so, I’ve favourited your shop :-)

As well as within private homes, the items have a bit of a commercial feel to them. i.e. I could see a number of your items adorning walls, shelevs, and counter tops, within coffee shops, cafes etc….

Your pricing appears very reasonable…

Only concern (not related directly to your query) “Australian delivery only”…

Best wishes with your new venture (baby and online store)…!

Regards,

Alan

Many thanks Alan for your thoughtful reply, as well as the time you have taken to check out my shop!

I am not selling outside Australia until I get up and running a little bit better, it was something I thought about as a possible negative for me.

Thanks again!

Sally

JFGibsonWriter
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi Sally,

I think your products are gorgeous and think there is a good call for quality, hand made products that are unique.

Your pricing seems very reasonable and I don’t think you’d have a problem marketing your products.

As others have suggested, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram would be great avenues to investigate, but don’t get caught into marketing everywhere. Find where your target audience hangs out and concentrate on building a following there.

Are you products made to order? Can they be personalised? Or are they as seen on Etsy?

If you are doing made to order, you need to consider turn around times and how busy your may be.

I’d also make sure your photographs are better quality for a website. Some of them are a little dark. White backgrounds and lots of light is best.

As with every business that is starting out of taking a big direction in expanding, check out your competitors and see how your products and service compare. Are there a lot of these types of products available? How do yours stand out as better? Can you compete with cheaper, factory made products that are similar.

Just some food for thought, but I think your products are lovely.

Good luck with it all :)

Missy666
    Up
    JFGibsonWriter, post: 212046 wrote:
    Hi Sally,

I think your products are gorgeous and think there is a good call for quality, hand made products that are unique.

Your pricing seems very reasonable and I don’t think you’d have a problem marketing your products.

As others have suggested, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram would be great avenues to investigate, but don’t get caught into marketing everywhere. Find where your target audience hangs out and concentrate on building a following there.

Are you products made to order? Can they be personalised? Or are they as seen on Etsy?

If you are doing made to order, you need to consider turn around times and how busy your may be.

I’d also make sure your photographs are better quality for a website. Some of them are a little dark. White backgrounds and lots of light is best.

As with every business that is starting out of taking a big direction in expanding, check out your competitors and see how your products and service compare. Are there a lot of these types of products available? How do yours stand out as better? Can you compete with cheaper, factory made products that are similar.

Just some food for thought, but I think your products are lovely.

Good luck with it all :)

Hi Jodi,

Many thanks to you as well for your reply. It is great to get independent feedback and I really appreciate the time you have taken to look at my work, as well as posting your message.

I guess the main problem I have at present is available time. I have so much I want to do and as with everything it takes time. I am setting up a website and I have also just done this for pinterest and facebook. Such a steep learning curve. At this stage I am speaking with some local retailers to get their feedback regarding designs and pricing. So far I have learned a great deal from them on the other side of the fence. The feedback has been very positive and they love the uniqueness of design, use of eco friendly materials and quality workmanship.

Everything that is made can definitely be made to order. I actually have a couple of retired carpenters who live nearby who are helping with the production side of things whilst I can concentrate on design, marketing and every other thing small businesses have to get done!

Thanks again Jodi. I do appreciate your feedback.

cheers

sally

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.