Home – New Forums Marketing mastery What do you think of Aradium Facebook stores?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #979402
    Gordon Akman
    Member
    • Total posts: 229
    Up
    0
    ::

    I’m interested to hear about any members who have a Facebook store. I found an application called Aradium and it allows you to have a Facebook store for $19.95 per month. It’s very easy to install and add products/services etc. Payment processing can be easily integrated with PayPal. I use it for my supplements business and my new watches business:

    http://www.elitewatches.aradium.com

    Tell me what you guys reckon and if you have any questions about how mine works. Also, please “like” my Facebook business page and I will do the same for you. I had a thread for exchanging Facebook business page “likes” but it seems to have disappeared…

    #1114036
    Anonymous
    Guest
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    0
    ::
    Gordon Akman, post: 127729 wrote:
    I had a thread for exchanging Facebook business page “likes” but it seems to have disappeared…

    Hi Gordon,

    We recently took the Facebook like exchange offline as it was attracting spam and many of the regulars who had participated in it were expressing concern that not all of the people who’d registered on it were following through with the promised Likes.

    It was outside the forum guidelines regarding self promotion, but we had previously turned a blind eye to that as it had originally been such a popular initiative. In the future, in the spirit of the guidelines and to avoid spam, we will remove any thread like that from the forums immediately.

    Apologies that you didn’t hear about this earlier. I did send PMs to a number of the regulars to explain our thinking behind the decision, but it appears that my message to you wasn’t received. :(

    Kind regards,
    Jayne

    #1114037
    Gordon Akman
    Member
    • Total posts: 229
    Up
    0
    ::
    FS Concierge, post: 127777 wrote:
    Hi Gordon,

    We recently took the Facebook like exchange offline as it was attracting spam and many of the regulars who had participated in it were expressing concern that not all of the people who’d registered on it were following through with the promised Likes.

    It was outside the forum guidelines regarding self promotion, but we had previously turned a blind eye to that as it had originally been such a popular initiative. In the future, in the spirit of the guidelines and to avoid spam, we will remove any thread like that from the forums immediately.

    Apologies that you didn’t hear about this earlier. I did send PMs to a number of the regulars to explain our thinking behind the decision, but it appears that my message to you wasn’t received. :(

    Kind regards,
    Jayne

    Hi Jayne,
    No worries at all. Yeah that thread was hard to manage but it was my best thread ever! Did you see how many views and replies it got? I wonder if I will ever be able to author such a popular thread again :)))

    Kind Regards
    Gordon

    #1114038
    Anonymous
    Guest
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    0
    ::

    Ha ha! Yes, it was certainly popular! :p

    Thanks for your understanding Gordon.

    Jayne

    #1114039
    IncredibleCo
    Member
    • Total posts: 406
    Up
    0
    ::

    All I can say is if I were going to buy a $10,000 watch, I wouldn’t do it through a Facebook store!

    #1114040
    Snakeman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 329
    Up
    0
    ::

    I agree with the person above who said that they wouldn’t be making big purchases through facebook.
    We find that advertising through facebook attracts trolls and spam and not much else.
    All the best

    #1114041
    Gordon Akman
    Member
    • Total posts: 229
    Up
    0
    ::
    IncredibleCo, post: 127847 wrote:
    All I can say is if I were going to buy a $10,000 watch, I wouldn’t do it through a Facebook store!

    Ha! I see where you are coming from. However, when you think about it it is probably the safest way. As you know when you buy something online with a credit card or PayPal you have quite a secure transaction. What payment methods are stand alone websites going to use? They are obviously going to use PayPal, credit card payments and far less safe bank transfers. But as I said, I sort of see where you are coming from.

    Basically my use of Facebook business pages is because they give you great exposure online and put you in direct contact with your clients and business partners. For example, with my supplements business I have become “Facebook friends” with many customers. Their purchases are safely processed through PayPal and they can see exactly who they are doing business with. As I’m sure you already know Facebook business pages cost $0. So it’s obviously a cost effective and useful tool for small business people/sole traders.

    The reason I made a Facebook store for the watches business was mainly because I wanted to make a start listing products and working on the business while I’m waiting for the website to be made. People can obviously add me on Facebook, ask about the watches, ask about the safety and security of payment options, and negotiate secure purchases through PayPal (payments are insured up to $20 000) and credit card payments that also have very secure and sophisticated payment security measures in place to prevent fraud, money laundering, protect buyers etc. Also, the aradium Facebook store application costs $19.95 per month to use so there isn’t any risk that you are going to lose a lot of money if you find that it is not a branding/marketing/sales strategy that is useful to you.

    #1114042
    Gordon Akman
    Member
    • Total posts: 229
    Up
    0
    ::
    Snakeman, post: 127849 wrote:
    I agree with the person above who said that they wouldn’t be making big purchases through facebook.
    We find that advertising through facebook attracts trolls and spam and not much else.
    All the best

    Hi Snakeman, I probably wouldn’t buy a watch off a man called “Snakeman”! lol Just kidding. Seriously though, as I wrote in my last post you aren’t really buying anything through Facebook, websites or retail shops. You are buying things through PayPal, eftpos, credit card, cheque etc. At the end of the day you have exactly the same protections through banking laws and consumer laws etc wherever in Australia you make a purchase. You know when you see on the news a bricks and mortar store go into liquidation and customers not being able to get deposits back etc? If they made those purchases through PayPal they would get their money back. I think it’s important for consumers to understand these facts.

    Have you really had a lot of trouble with spam and trolls on Facebook? I haven’t had much trouble with that at all and when I have I have simply deleted their troll comment/spam post, banned them from the page, blocked them on Facebook, and reported their account to Facebook which has taken less than 10 seconds to do and involved a few clicks of the computer mouse.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.