Home – New Forums Starting your journey What does your hiring process look like?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kerrin hardy
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi all

I am in the midst of developing an application to help manage the hiring process of small-medium size organisations. The application will track activities from advertising the position, to shortlisting, police checks or other screening/clearance requirements, referee checks, interviews, offers and acceptance.

The application will be Software as a Service (SaaS) and be focussed on the internal workflow side of things (rather than automatic job postings to Seek, for example). The application will provide the ability to assign tasks, send reminders and generate metrics and reports. The internal HR group will be able to manage the vacancies, the applicants, the progress through the hiring workflow and statistics like number of open positions, average time to fill a position, top reason candidates are rejected, that type of thing.

The other applications I have looked at that provide a similar service all appear to have all the bells and whistles, are complicated, expensive and require an implementer a month to configure. It seems like there is a market there for something that does what it does really well.

I am really interested to hear if you think an application/service like this would be valuable and sell. And also, if you have been involved in hiring, what did your process involve? I’m thinking the application needs to be flexible to accommodate many different hiring practices, but also provide a base workflow to assist organisations that may not have a set process developed yet.

All comments, suggestions, ideas welcome :)

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up
    ::

It sounds like an interesting concept.

I’d contact some HR managers in your target market in the name of research to find out what they currently use and what features would be on their wish list.

All the best with it.

Sam

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.