Home – New Forums Tech talk What else besides Gmail?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am using Gmail as host for my business emails and now also need to manage the emails for my husband’s business.

Obviously and unfortunately, I can’t install Gmail on my iPhone twice so I need another solution.

Could you please suggest an email service/app that works like Gmail so that I can set it up to send emails from [email protected] rather than @hotmail.com or @gmail.com?

Thanks in advance!

Warmest regards,
    Mel

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

If you set up the paid version you have have [email protected] and then use the various email accounts accordingly. and choose which one you are sending from at any given time.

I used Stanfield IT to set mine up and it works just perfect.

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

It doesn’t sound like we’re on the same page Kelly but thanks for your response

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 190370 wrote:
    If you set up the paid version you have have [email protected] and then use the various email accounts accordingly. and choose which one you are sending from at any given time.

I used Stanfield IT to set mine up and it works just perfect.She is actually on the right page.

You don’t need the paid version however, the normal Gmail handles it just fine.

You can have email addresses from multiple domain in Gmail. Therefore you don’t have to install two apps, but they all come to the same one.

You can reply from whatever email address you like.

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

Thanks Matthew and apologies to Kelly.

I didn’t think that was possible :-)

If I do prefer to keep it separate though, which other email service/app would you recommend Matthew?

Warmest regards,
    Mel

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

You could try the Outlook app – used to be Hotmail.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

What about your free iCloud email that comes with the iPhone? You get two email addresses for the one identity. Apart from the iPhone or iPad you can log into iCloud on a web page just like Gmail.

TechSeek
    • Total posts: 34
    Up
    EmbalmSkincare, post: 190360 wrote:
    Hi all,

I am using Gmail as host for my business emails and now also need to manage the emails for my husband’s business.

Obviously and unfortunately, I can’t install Gmail on my iPhone twice so I need another solution.

Could you please suggest an email service/app that works like Gmail so that I can set it up to send emails from [email protected] rather than @hotmail.com or @gmail.com?

Thanks in advance!

Warmest regards,
    Mel

Hi Mel,

If you own your own domain name, then you can have your mailboxes migrated to Hosted Exchange. This will still allow you to access your calendar and personal folders from multiple devices like Gmail would. We are currently offering 10GB per mailbox per month.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

David
    Participant
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    EmbalmSkincare, post: 190360 wrote:
    Hi all,

Mel

You can have 2 different gmail accounts and just switch between user accounts (ie change user) in the app (1 app 2 or more gmail accounts). This allows you to access each account as required but you would need to manually select the required alternate account to check/send alternate account emails (user/password is stored so it is simply a select account option).

Not sure whether this works for you but it may be a clean easy option…?

bizpep.com applications deliver unique business and investment insight providing solutions for 1000's of clients world-wide
    ShadowPro
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

If you’re happy with Gmail try Google Apps – it contains Gmail for business.

You can import many domains which Google Apps will handle completely by itself.

Google Apps at this level works like your own enterprise email server – I’ve been using it and reselling it for years and it’s great – $50 per user per year.

You can also set your own Gmail account to download and send as any other account you own – it’s in your account settings.

Big data alternatives are Microsoft 360, IBM iNotes.

I’d recommend Google, IBM, MS in that order – I may be biased against MS somewhat though.:D

Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

So, from what I gather, what you need is an app that can handle multiple IMAP inboxes. So if you send an email from your phone it also shows up as “Sent” on your PC and vice versa, just like Gmail?

You will need your own domain name and (preferably) a hosting provider that provides IMAP inboxes. Of course, some domain name registrars are hosting providers, some aren’t, and so on and so forth.

ShadowPro’s idea is good, and there are plenty more email hosting providers on the market that might suit your needs too.

I use NameCheap. Cost me about $10 a year for one IMAP mailbox with 3GB of space. That’s all I need, so that’s what I went with.

I can’t speak for iPhone users, but back in the dim dark days when I had one, you could set up multiple IMAP accounts in the stock Mail app. Android users have a lot of choice with mail apps, such as K9 Mail for example. Most PC/Mac mail clients handle IMAP these days too.

Michelle Johnson
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Mel,
    I use Zoho – http://www.zoho.com

You can also integrate with their CMS and email marketing platforms for free for one user businesses. I use all their platforms for free :)

Have fun!
    Michelle

digitalclass
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Hi Mel,

I recommend Fastmail

You can setup all your [email protected] emails through them, with each email setup in diffferent folders.

It be can setup on your iphone as well.

Regards,
    Michael

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    Up

Thank you all, there are some great suggestions.

I’m now wondering if I could simple use the mail app on the iPhone???

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

I use Help Scout.

https://www.helpscout.net/

I looked at Gmail but found it unsuitable.

Not sure if that’s an option for you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.