Home – New Forums Tell me straight… What first impression do I give? feedback please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Sir Movealot
    • Total posts: 91
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…) I’m thinking of giving my website a makeover, just wondering what impression you get when you look at our website eg professional, small company, large company. etc
    2. What does your business do? We do home and office removals in Perth. We have just added storage and will most likely build a separate site for the storage division.
    3. Who is your target market? Our target is quite large residential moves. We are also trying to get into medium to large corporate.
    4. What specific concerns do you have?Just love some feedback.

Thanks for thanking the time to give me your opinion.

Thanks

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

My first impressions is that it’s very grey with lots of tightly bunched text. The logo is very complicated, and I can’t read the text on the shield.

It looks like a page created by an amateur.

I personally love the name, and think you could build a kick butt website with some really cool branding.

Cheers,

Matt

MatthewKeath
    Up

My first impressions is that it’s very grey with lots of tightly bunched text. The logo is very complicated, and I can’t read the text on the shield.

It looks like a page created by an amateur.

I personally love the name, and think you could build a kick butt website with some really cool branding.

Cheers,

Matt

clintmaher
    • Total posts: 306
    Up

Yep it’s time for a new site. I know it’s a grey day here in Perth today although I don’t think your website has to be the same ;)

The URL structure is fine, so you could get a new Joomla site built over the top, or in my biased opinion you could very easily make the change over to WordPress.

As Matt says though, that’s an awesome brand you have at your fingertips, time to exploit it better now.

clintmaher
    • Total posts: 306
    Up

Yep it’s time for a new site. I know it’s a grey day here in Perth today although I don’t think your website has to be the same ;)

The URL structure is fine, so you could get a new Joomla site built over the top, or in my biased opinion you could very easily make the change over to WordPress.

As Matt says though, that’s an awesome brand you have at your fingertips, time to exploit it better now.

NathanB
    Participant
    • Total posts: 775
    Up

If you are looking to retire your current site and upgrade perhaps a Flash website is in order. Flash is a ground break tool that can produce an unparalleled web presence.

NathanB
    Participant
    • Total posts: 775
    Up

If you are looking to retire your current site and upgrade perhaps a Flash website is in order. Flash is a ground break tool that can produce an unparalleled web presence.

MatthewKeath
    Up
    NathanB, post: 111870 wrote:
    If you are looking to retire your current site and upgrade perhaps a Flash website is in order. Flash is a ground break tool that can produce an unparalleled web presence.One day someone is going to fall for this and pay someone $10,000 for a crappy flash site. Hahaha
    MatthewKeath
    Up
    NathanB, post: 111870 wrote:
    If you are looking to retire your current site and upgrade perhaps a Flash website is in order. Flash is a ground break tool that can produce an unparalleled web presence.One day someone is going to fall for this and pay someone $10,000 for a crappy flash site. Hahaha
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 111873 wrote:
    One day someone is going to fall for this and pay someone $10,000 for a crappy flash site. Hahaha

I know! I am starting to get quite worried about this.

Perhaps I should change the forum guidelines to include a special by-law saying that NathanB needs a disclaimer in his email signature. (It would need to be in Flash, of course!)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 111873 wrote:
    One day someone is going to fall for this and pay someone $10,000 for a crappy flash site. Hahaha

I know! I am starting to get quite worried about this.

Perhaps I should change the forum guidelines to include a special by-law saying that NathanB needs a disclaimer in his email signature. (It would need to be in Flash, of course!)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Hi Rowan

Too much grey definitely.

I’d like to be able to read the text in your logo at the top. And I’d prefer the social media links to be much smaller and moved so that the video testimonial can go in that position instead.

Wendy :)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Hi Rowan

Too much grey definitely.

I’d like to be able to read the text in your logo at the top. And I’d prefer the social media links to be much smaller and moved so that the video testimonial can go in that position instead.

Wendy :)

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

Hi Rowan

I agree with what others have said. Way too much grey and too much text. Web copy needs to be short and sharp and you need to get you USP in immediately – most people just scan web pages. You don’t need to tell the whole story.

Also, I like the name but the logo is very cluttered. You don’t need all the text in it. And it appears you have two taglines “the move fit for a king” and “your knight in shining armour when it comes to moving” (Which is nearly impossible to read). Stick with one – and the former is more catchy.

The navigation is great and easy to use.

Good luck!

Nicole

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

Hi Rowan

I agree with what others have said. Way too much grey and too much text. Web copy needs to be short and sharp and you need to get you USP in immediately – most people just scan web pages. You don’t need to tell the whole story.

Also, I like the name but the logo is very cluttered. You don’t need all the text in it. And it appears you have two taglines “the move fit for a king” and “your knight in shining armour when it comes to moving” (Which is nearly impossible to read). Stick with one – and the former is more catchy.

The navigation is great and easy to use.

Good luck!

Nicole

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.