Home – New Forums Other discussions What have you done to improve your WFH set up?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    morganacollin
    Participant
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    ::

I live in a comfortable studio-type 30~ish sqm flat. Not really much going on, and being cozied up here for prolonged periods of time has me spiraling into interior improvements I could probably do (I mainly blame these intrusive thoughts to TikTok lol).

I’m not a hundred percent sure what would be optimal for me (aesthetic-wise and functionality-wise) but I’ve been going through a ton of Pinterest ideas and am now leaning more towards a mid-century sort of vibe. I want my furniture pieces to be wood and have a posh sort of finish. I found several products online and am online window shopping. [Mod Edit To Remove Overly Promotional Content] . I’m struggling to find a wooden standing desk (the ones where you can adjust their heights) to match the stuff I’m trying to go for though… so I might have to redo my whole conceptualized theme.

Borrowing a popular Reddit term, what are your Buy-it-for-life (BIFL) finds for WFH? Might be interesting to hear what else I could add to the mix. TIA~

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Sit/stand desks are everywhere now – I’ve moved in to accommodation that is temporary to me and I do miss my office chair (surprisingly bought for a good price at Ikea) as it good for my back.

Cheers
    Paul

Leetait
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

OK, so you haven’t actually done any improvements yet, but you “think” you have an idea for a style.
    You have only window shopped, and not purchased anything yet.
    So your entire post can be boiled down to one request …. you want to know how to acquire a ‘Sit-Stand’ desk?

Answer …. seek out a furniture supplier, peruse their range, make a decision, and buy the product.

I hope this helps

JT

psgroup
    Participant
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

I don’t need to buy, but have to make some arrangements around setting up my home.
    First of all, make your workplace away from the sight of other family members otherwise you will get distracted every minute and then place a table with a chair with proper lighting and every essential stationery that you need while work.
    Now you are set to work.

zaydenwood42
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi, I also suffered a lot as I was also working without a decent office chair. I guess many employees who started WFH recently were agree that it gives a terrible pain when one works while sitting on bed or sofa whole day in front of laptop. I got a fantastic ergonomic office chair. [Mod Edit To Remove Overly Promotional Content]

harryduncan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi there, A very good question. What I have done since I’m working from home is that I have setup a private space for myself where there is least disturbance. I have put all my necessary things at one place so that I don’t have to move because it distracts you so much. Got a nice comfy office chair. I keep my earphones on so that I don’t get to listen all the noise of the house.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.