Home – New Forums Other discussions What if I don’t have an address for my business?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LunaMarga
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to have a business without a physical address?
    We travel for work (contractors – relief management for caravan parks etc) and if we sell our residence we will not have an address.
    Is this ok?

Or, if I rent my property, can I still use the address for my business?

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

You’d probably need to check with the ATO and ASIC and see what they recommend is best for their requirements.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

The ATO and ASIC definitely require a physical address. If you have an accountant, you are allowed to use their address. However, you must check/let your accountant know first.

Alternatively, if you pay for an answer service via a Serviced Office, then you could use that address as your office address.

Grant Mason
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hello Luna –

You don’t need an answer service to get a physical address for your business that is acceptable to ASIC. Just get a Mail/Business Address. My business is Gordon Executive Centre and we have very good rates for this service. Give me a call if you have further questions.

Regards, Grant Mason
    Gordon Executive Centre

StevenMelbourne
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

You just need a registered address and a mailing address. Your registered address can be your home, or the address of your lawyer or accountant if they agree.

If your business is online or mobile, you can probably just leave out a physical address on your business cards etc

Cheers,
    Steven

Grant Mason
    Up
    StevenMelbourne, post: 188401 wrote:
    You just need a registered address and a mailing address. Your registered address can be your home, or the address of your lawyer or accountant if they agree.

If your business is online or mobile, you can probably just leave out a physical address on your business cards etc

Hello Steven –

Luna was talking about selling her residence. While a home address may be a registered business address there are reasons not to do this. One of them is separation of personal and business life. Some people may not feel comfortable putting their home address on their webpage. It may also look like a home address and not a business address.

Plus there is consideration that marketing is increasingly going online and some may not want their home address appearing in a Google+ map listing for their business.

As you say you can leave out your physical address on your website. However, the fewer contact details a business presents the less successful and established the business may appear. This is important for new prospects to a website and not necessarily for the clients who know the principals of a business and who have experienced their services.

Regards,
    Grant Mason

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Luna,

I have checked with ASIC and ATO previously and you can actually also use a family members address if you like, just get their agreement. The only real stipulation is that it is a physical address and not a PO Box.

Be very careful of the virtual address’s,yes they do give you a prime business address location, but in my opinion for the avergae small business that is not required. But they are very costly, and unless your business is in real need of a prime city location address it is not worth the additional cost to the average small business.

From what you have described as your business you most likely dont need a Prime CBD address location, so it leaves you with little benefit, for a high cost

Bert

Grant Mason
    Up

Luna – You are right, a virtual address at a prime CBD location may be expensive. $125 per month is not out of the question.

You might check out the Lite Plan offered at Gordon Executive Centre for $4.40 per week plus GST – and this pricing and service will change your mind about these services.

Regards, Grant Mason

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.