Home – New Forums Starting your journey What industry does my start-up belong to?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Serra
    • Total posts: 75
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone just another quick question – What industry does my start-up belong to?

Just a bit of brief info. I’m looking at importing and distributing another company’s products for example wholesale alcoholic beverages.

Does my start-up belong to the import industry or the wholesale beverage industry? What if my product changes for example to fashion wear does that mean i belong to the fashion industry lol . I’m guessing i belong to the import industry regardless of the product because i will follow an import and distribution business model..am i on the right track to classify my start-up?

Thanks for the help guys..i know its a pretty basic question but all the help would be great.

Cheers!

• Total posts: 151
    Up

Industry types

Hi Paul

I believe you would be in the transport industry based on the fact that you arrange distribution of products. The actual products doesn’t matter for your business type.

Even if you dont actually do the driving/carrying of the products, the fact that you organise it puts you into the logistics/distribution business with an online business portal that enables the client/business contact.

Imagine a box needing to be delivered to company B. They call you and you make it happen by using couriers, contractors, or hand delivery. In the end result you are distributing items to destinations.

Paul Serra
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

Re: Industry types

Paul Baker, post: 34113 wrote:
    Hi Paul

I believe you would be in the transport industry based on the fact that you arrange distribution of products. The actual products doesn’t matter for your business type.

Even if you dont actually do the driving/carrying of the products, the fact that you organise it puts you into the logistics/distribution business with an online business portal that enables the client/business contact.

Imagine a box needing to be delivered to company B. They call you and you make it happen by using couriers, contractors, or hand delivery. In the end result you are distributing items to destinations.

Hi Paul thanks for the insight , i always thought i would belong to the import industry but looking at your response you may have a good point . Thanks again

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Paul

I’d say importing industry, expecially if you’re considering importing multiple product lines.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.