Home – New Forums Marketing mastery What is the best way to reach the new business audience?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dkay Creative
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I think my question speaks for itself in the title.

I’m looking for good ideas to market a graphic and web design package that is tailored for new or start-up business.

I’ve ran a “post boost” through facebook without even a bite.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Dkay,

Sorry that your post was held up in the moderation queue for a while there, but it’s here now, so I hope you’ll receive some responses soon.

All the best,
    Jayne

Dkay Creative
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 203681 wrote:
    Hi Dkay,

Sorry that your post was held up in the moderation queue for a while there, but it’s here now, so I hope you’ll receive some responses soon.

All the best,
    Jayne

Thank-you very much Jane

Nick the Startup guy
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Strategy.

Most small businesses or startups I speak to lack any kind of strategy.

Facebook ads will only work if you have a strategy in play and it needs to be measured and you need to be able to decipher the data and act on it. There’s no use just boosting a post and expecting a response.

Probably the best (and cheapest) way to promote your business is through networking. Stock up on your business cards and get yourself along to as many events as you can – hopefully ones where your target market attend as well.

Check out Meetup.com for events that run in your state but these are usually free events and enable you to network with your target market.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Dkay Creative, post: 203661 wrote:
    Hi guys,

I think my question speaks for itself in the title.

I’m looking for good ideas to market a graphic and web design package that is tailored for new or start-up business.

I’ve ran a “post boost” through facebook without even a bite.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

DON’T BOOST POST! Total waste of money. That little button is there to grab the spontaneous sale.

Running proper ads through Facebook (using the Power Editor) is a brilliant way of securing new business. I’m doing it for 12 clients — and it works fantastically.

Start with a lead magnet offer, but you don’t even have to collect emails anymore. Use the Facebook conversion pixel on your site, then retarget those who come over with a new ad.

Jenny

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Yes networking will be your best way forward in this busy arena of web and graphic design.

You need to ensure that what you are offering is appealing to those at the event and may need to think beyond just startups so you can offer a complete service.

Happy to help if you are looking to create a strategy for your business.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Networking is definitely the best way to go with regards to getting your business out there. I would also suggest starting up a blog; if you don’t have one already. By blogging, you will not only be portraying yourself as an expert in your field, but also improving your ranking within Google.

iaindooley
    • Total posts: 74
    Up

If you want to get in front of new businesses, you might look at what people do when they start a business.

1. They register a business name
    2. They register a website
    3. They might register a company name
    4. The might join up on FlyingSolo … ;)

Instead of advertising on Facebook for “graphic design for new businesses” you could advertise “Help setting up your domain and email”. I’m sure it’s something you know how to do, and would be easy for you to help out with.

You could do this as a free ebook in exchange for an email address, for example.

You could do that in LinkedIn, probably AdWords search marketing (I’m sure people are looking for things like “how to register a website” although the clicks might be expensive at the early stages when you don’t know your conversion rate — still you can control how much you spend).

You could also partner with online services that are doing company registration like http://www.easycompanies.com.au/ (there are a few of them) and offer them a price per lead — same thing you could do with BizzBuzz.com.au, or advertise on FlyingSolo.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

In most states there are expos and events often run by the government geared towards people thinking about or recently starting a business. They form a good place for networking, particularly if you can set up your own trade stall.

Dkay Creative
    Up

Thanks to everyone for all your input, I really appreciate the help.

I will try everything, and be sure to let you guys know what was most effective.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.