Home – New Forums Tell me straight… What is the Flying Solo Platform Really About Now?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I joined 2 years ago to learn,and at first I was reading far more than contributing and one of the MAIN reasons I stayed was I felt this forum was about the people on it, not about self promotion, but I totally agree with Martin that there should be place for people asking for paid help and some commercial side for them.

I know you have the directory, but maybe a forum page like a Freelancer style setup and enable people to put a little portfolio together. Just ideas :)

I have used paid services from a few people on this forum, but not through any directory, but more about seeing their contributions and comments and knowing I would like to use their services due to their insight, I just do it via private messages.

I now come here still to learn but to also share my experiences with others. I love FS and I want to see it grow.

EDIT: I also suggest you redo the categories in the forum, there are so many areas and most people don’t know where to start. I just responded to a post in “Need Help” about trademarks, but that could have been in multiple areas and I feel some people are getting lost in the categories and some areas are favoured more and some areas rarely used.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up
    ::

Thank you Mischelle

It’s particularly pleasing to hear that you select people to work with on the basis of how open, willing and helpful they are to others.

Regardless of how and when we tinker with the forum – and it is an ongoing process – it’s precisely the aspect you describe that drives and will continue to drive the success of this community.

Robert :)

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.