Home Forums Wellbeing & balance What is the scariest thing your client has asked you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    vanessa@legal123, post: 267971, member: 47398 wrote:
    Jacqui-that is brilliant to hear we are not alone at Legal123! We often hear that REGULARLY: ‘it should cost less as we drafted our terms/the work ourselves”!!! :(😮 This often means more work for us!

Certainly not alone Vanessa! Definitely hand-in-hand with “so, I downloaded this (often American) template for free to use for my so I don’t understand why it will cost so much for you to review it”.

I’m sure there are ‘proper’ formulas out there for costing work, but review of DIY work for me has an instant increase over/above what ‘from scratch’ would be billed out at!

m4engineers
    • Total posts: 121

… “I don’t use email”, please send your invoice via snail mail!

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,161
    m4engineers, post: 268054, member: 100990 wrote:
    Lol, but sounds more like a delay tactic :)
    Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,481
    m4engineers, post: 268054, member: 100990 wrote:
    not sure why thats scary, I would cut my client base by half if I only dealt with people who use email. Not everyone needs or uses it, I wish I didnt need it, life would be much less spammy
    vanessa@legal123
    • Total posts: 20
    JacquiPryor, post: 267992, member: 20176 wrote:
    Certainly not alone Vanessa! Definitely hand-in-hand with “so, I downloaded this (often American) template for free to use for my so I don’t understand why it will cost so much for you to review it”.

I’m sure there are ‘proper’ formulas out there for costing work, but review of DIY work for me has an instant increase over/above what ‘from scratch’ would be billed out at!

YES! The ‘free’, ‘US’, version complete with Californian governing law…..never a good option! Happy Holidays Jacqui!

Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180

“Are you free for the next hour? I’d like to sit next to you and we can edit the work together.”

Yikes.

Netvantage
    • Total posts: 2

“What? Aren’t you going to create my entire website and Facebook Page right now from my office before you leave our initial meeting”?
    Then a year later:
    “What? I have to pay each year for my domain name and hosting?!?”

Tom ISW
    • Total posts: 180
    Netvantage, post: 270563, member: 31019 wrote:
    “What? I have to pay each year for my domain name and hosting?!?”

I used to work at the .au Domain Administration. We got that question way too many times than we’d like to admit.

Burgo
    • Total posts: 2,099

I was cleaning a carpet in a three bedroom unit. The Tennant wasn’t happy as there was this grey area on a beige carpet. To please her I scrubbed and scrubbed trying not to over wet the carpet. Then it dawned on me I closed the blind and turned the light on. Bingo the grey area disappeared.
    It was a shadow from the window.
    I hadn’t been cleaning carpets very long at that time and there were no courses, that has now changed

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.