Home – New Forums Other discussions What is the weirdest job you ever had?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Story Sums
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

I firmly believe that no experience, good or bad is wasted. Some of my oddest experiences have paid dividends years down the track. I like to think of it as collecting them in a life bucket – every now and then I’m called upon to dip into it. I also think there is lost opportunity to find out about a prospective employee in a job interview. I would walk away from them thinking the questions I was asked offered very little insight into the person I am – so for the fun of it I pose this question to the forum. And we’ve all had one in our travels – ask any Post Grad!

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

being me…

Snakeman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

We catch snakes and other reptiles for a living and show people how to keep their kids safe. Every day is a party for us!

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Most certainly with Warren on this one.. Although i must say that i find the post interesting, that being that i also believe that the destination is a combination of all the little journeys along the way.. Each way representing something new to learn, to expose oneself to and to bring with you along the journey..

Adding to this, my biggest issue is that i believe that the journey has no ending – well, inevitably it has one ending, and that is when the last breath of air leaves my body :)

Cheers

Warren Cottis, post: 228750, member: 129 wrote:
    being me…
    Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Story Sums
    Up

Trista, that is hilarious! Did you pull it off?

Story Sums
    Up

One of my jobs involved driving around and emptying video games of the money collected – all 20c pieces. At the end of the day I could barely drive off – the boot of my car was so heavy. I did payroll for Big Day out two years in a row – 700 people paid in cash and on an hourly basis. I was the only one doing it which was fine until the bottleneck started at the end of the night – I finished up at 3:30am the next morning after a 9am start the day before. Every 1/2 hour someone would place a cold Red Bull on my desk (Red Bull were one of the sponsors) – I was wired for days. (this is going back to my younger days – wouldn’t attempt that today).

Story Sums
    Up
    Trista Millard, post: 230745, member: 78188 wrote:
    Of course I did I thought it was hard but the tears just fell naturally and besides I really needed the money :D
    LMAO – thanks you made my day!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.