Home – New Forums Get productive What is your favourite business/motivational book and why?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    organisemyspace
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Of course I have read “Flying Solo – How to go it alone in business” (it has pride of place right next to me on my desk!) :)

I have also recently read “The $100 Startup” by Chris Guillebeau which I thought had some great points and resources.

Just wondering what your favourite business or motivational book is and why?

AngelaGirl
    • Total posts: 330
    Up

Hi Samantha

Great topic! There was a similar thread a little while ago that received heaps of responses. You might like to check it out.

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/working-smarter/7902-best-small-business-books-shelf.html

Cheers
    Angela

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Samantha,

Ive just started reading FS going it alone and so far its a good read.
    But last year I read the e-myth which drove some truths home.

Steve

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    Luv2BOrganised, post: 129848 wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    Of course I have read “Flying Solo – How to go it alone in business” (it has pride of place right next to me on my desk!) :)

Thanks so much for the kind mention 😮
    And yes, be sure to check out the thread Angela mentioned above for lots of readable inspiration!
    Cheers
    Peter

inkable
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

Start with Why by Simon Sinek

The book is good however I think you can get most of the idea from the Ted Talk.

http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action.html

His premise is that businesses need to answer the question of Why rather than the How or the What. The “Why” gives purpose and inspiration to an organization and he argues is key to the success of companies like Apple and individuals such as Martin Luther King and the Wright Brothers.

Powerful stuff!

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

In management Today September issue there is an article on N R Narayana Murthy. He is the man behind Indias IT giant Infosys.
    All i can say WOW get a copy from your newsagent and it is worth the $ 7.95.

We give “Flying Solo” book to everyone who joins our association, I think from memory we have given over 40 books. It is definately one of the few books I recommend to anyone starting their own business. Small Business Big Oportunity is a free book on marketing through Sensis.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Rich dad, poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki. It doesn’t only tells you about starting your business but on how to invest wisely and motivations on increasing your money.

actuarial
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

I agree with Burgo, it is Gr8 story from Murthy..

I would suggest one more person from india Dhirubhai Ambani From Rags to Riches.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

Generally it’s the last business book I read, I put it down feeling energised and positive. Except for the most recent one which was about franchises and I put it down feeling educated.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up
    inkable, post: 129945 wrote:
    Start with Why by Simon Sinek

The book is good however I think you can get most of the idea from the Ted Talk.

http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action.html

His premise is that businesses need to answer the question of Why rather than the How or the What. The “Why” gives purpose and inspiration to an organization and he argues is key to the success of companies like Apple and individuals such as Martin Luther King and the Wright Brothers.

Powerful stuff!

BEAT ME TO IT!!

Fabulous business book. Im in the middle now.. need to get some more reading hours in my day :)

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Im HUUGE TED fan

Steve

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.