Home – New Forums Tell me straight… What is your first impression of the site?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TradiesMedia
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

http://Www.tradiesmedia.com.au

Hi guys,

I need to know what is your first thought when you come on to my web site.

– What service we do
    – the layout and style
    – relevancy of business to content.

We’re targeting all business owner large and small.

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Hi Cham,

I must admit, I read your first 2 paragraphs and I still didn’t know what your site did. I saw a business directory… but then wondered if you were hinting at web design… or digital consultancy.

It seems that your initial message is a bit too general.

…upon further investigation, the addition of your business directory doesn’t match your business purpose. It’s as though you’ve bolted it onto your website to offer clients another bonus for hosting with you.You’re not a directory site though – so shouldn’t you be focusing on the web results you get for potential clients?

Also, you need some font consistency and font colour consistency. You do appear to have good credentials – your site just comes across as a bit amateurish with the way your pages are laid out.

Good luck,

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Did you do the websites in your client spotlight section?

Identity Creative
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

I found it confusing..
    at first I thought it was a trades directory.. then it mentions websites…
    mixed messages. Suggest you change tag line to ‘Web marketing for Trades’ or something. The name trade media is confusing also.

Ondetto
    • Total posts: 110
    Up

It seems that you are trying to do 2 completely different things with one website. Maybe you should consider splitting it up into 2 websites: One for your web design business and one for the directory. It’s pretty confusing the way it is at the moment.

Frederike

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Looking forward to the OP’s comments….

SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

“Our objective is to provide a fresh unscripted approach to every client engagement where the most appropriate technology solution can be recognized and applied. ” huh? Just jargon and weasel words to me.

Don’t get me wrong – I love this shit (industry jargon, acronyms and weasel words); a lot of my documents contain a lot of this because upper management types eat it for breakfast – but for a consumer? *scratches head*…

“can be” – shouldn’t that be “will be”? Sure it CAN be recognised and applied, but doesn’t mean you WILL apply it :)

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

You build websites and then list them in an online directory?
    first impression

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.