Home – New Forums Marketing mastery What is your Slogan?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Beanie
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

I found mine just recently in Seth Godin’s brilliant book Linchpin.

“You can either Fit In or Stand Out, not both”

I know which one I prefer!!!

AnaLucia
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Mine is Much more than just hammocks…
    for two reasons:
    1. Is not a simple hammock what my clients will get: its a Genuine Mexican hammock handwoven in the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico: so its the real deal!
    2. Because I started selling hammocks, and then Mexican Blankets, and then Mexican ponchos, and textiles, Guatemalan worry dolls and handicrafts, Mexican Papel Picado banners… anyway I expanded the range but decided to keep our name as Hammock Heaven…. much more than just hammocks

:)

Samh
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Hi AnaLucia,

Feel free to disregard / disagree with me here, but I don’t like the fact that your slogan says ‘just hammocks’ when you are trying to sell hammocks.

I mean, if I considered a new hammock a reasonably large purchase, if I had looked around and wanted to get a good quality one, and then I found a website that looked good and I read “More than just hammocks” I might feel that my purchase was being belittled. I mean isn’t a hammock enough ?” :)

Obviously this might not go through someones conscious mind, but imagine MacDonald’s slogan was “Much More than just burgers…” Thats a little disrespectful to people who love burgers.

How about

“Swing by South America – Authentic Hammocks, Blankets and Handicraft”

“Sieata in Style – Authentic Hammocks, Blankets and Handicraft”

“Heaven is a warm Hammock – Hammock Heaven – Authentic Hammocks, Blankets and Handicraft”

“Stop. Hammock time! – Hammock Heaven” :)

Cheers
    Sam

AnaLucia, post: 45537 wrote:
    Mine is Much more than just hammocks…
    for two reasons:
    1. Is not a simple hammock what my clients will get: its a Genuine Mexican hammock handwoven in the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico: so its the real deal!
    2. Because I started selling hammocks, and then Mexican Blankets, and then Mexican ponchos, and textiles, Guatemalan worry dolls and handicrafts, Mexican Papel Picado banners… anyway I expanded the range but decided to keep our name as Hammock Heaven…. much more than just hammocks

:)

c2cemploymentrelations
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

I love ‘Stop: Hammock Time’ – pure marketing gold!

theBrandBox.biz
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Our slogan:
    The Brand Box – Your Brand in a Box!
    We provide “boxed” design/branding solutions, so this was what we came up with.
    It could maybe have been more funny/cheeky, but we thought this outlined what we’re doing.

AnaLucia
    • Total posts: 112
    Up
    Samh, post: 45538 wrote:
    Hi AnaLucia,

“Stop. Hammock time! – Hammock Heaven” :)

Cheers
    Sam

Thanks Sam! I also love this slogan, makes me think of MC Hammer haha
    Appreciate your feedback! I guess its a matter of perception, just hammocks, MORE than just hammocks!

Samh
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

What about “Hammocks and more” rather than “more than just hammocks”, it get’s rid of the ‘just’.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.