Home – New Forums Other discussions What kind of Chair do you have?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up
    ::

Hey kids,
    I’ve spent $48 on the Big W cheapo and got the $400 one off of eBay (for $9, which was awesome) but I have yet to find a chair that makes my lower lumbar happy.

Can other Bad Back Folks chime in with what they’ve got for a chair and how it makes their world ooze with awesomeness?

Cheers!
    -Judd

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Judd, I will be so interested in the results of your survey.

Sadly my $99 one from Freedom doesn’t cut the mustard either, and is just a smidge lopsided. But it’s hot pink, and that’s the important thing, don’t you think?

Jayne

Jexley
    Up

HA! Back in the day, wife refused to let me get the LG phone that came in Hot Pink.

I showed her though, 5 years later and I’ve got the LG Flat Keyboard in pink, and I got it half off, though I think these things might be related…

My chair was alienbarf green, so I sewed a new cover for it, but that doesn’t help the fact that it actually gives me headaches through my neck. Stupid chair.

jasonm
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

I picked up a mesh back chair from mojo direct, had it over a year now and the quality seems good, it was something like $140 delivered.

Jexley
    Up
    jasonm, post: 68906 wrote:
    I picked up a mesh back chair from mojo direct, had it over a year now and the quality seems good, it was something like $140 delivered.
    Yep, got that one from Office Direct for about $180 a few years ago. The back isn’t adjustable though, which made me quite sad.

I did looooooove the mesh back in summertime though.

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Jexley

I”m using this one here, very comfy:

http://www.awm.net.au/images/seating/Uno/unoBig2.jpg

But have you ever considered sitting on a swiss ball for your lumbar spine from time to time? Does wonder.

Cheers from Sydney

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

We bought ours from Milan Direct http://www.milandirect.com.au/shop/category/office-furniture/

We purchased the Eames Reproduction Chairs in white a couple of years ago
    http://www.milandirect.com.au/shop/office-chair-soft-pad-eames-reproduction-white/

Back rest, arm rests and swivels and leans back as well. Available in both white and black.

Really comfortable.

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up
    Astrid, post: 68918 wrote:
    Hi Jexley

I”m using this one here, very comfy:

http://www.awm.net.au/images/seating/Uno/unoBig2.jpg

But have you ever considered sitting on a swiss ball for your lumbar spine from time to time? Does wonder.

Cheers from Sydney

I’m in the chair-seeking niche too. Astrid, do you know how much this one is?

Jexley
    Up
    OneArmedGraphics, post: 68971 wrote:
    I’m in the chair-seeking niche too. Astrid, do you know how much this one is?
    Hmmm… I think it’s $349 mate. Heh.
    OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up
    Jexley, post: 68974 wrote:
    Hmmm… I think it’s $349 mate. Heh.

First thought = EEK!
    Next = hmm, considering the time I spend in my chair it’s best to invest.

Something to think about. mm.

Jexley
    Up

See, I’m always all about test-driving ’em, and can be found int he back area of OfficeWorks making “vroom vroom” noises and scooting around in the $349 chairs.

Then I cry a little, and pay $100 instead.

I tried a few at Ikea that really tickled my lower lumbars, but can’t find them for under $400 either.

Investment indeed…

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

I know this might be a little dot com era, but have you thought about fitness ball? Supposed to be very good for those with back issues.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

A good chair is an important part of your ergonomic set up. You can’t really look at what other people are sitting on as your body is different to theirs. Get the chair that is the best in so many ways and then adjust it. What you can do is put a cushion in your lumbar region to get the support. You can make one yourself in order to get it just right.

The one I bought a few years ago when I had really low iron and would fall asleep in front of the computer is totally wrong now that my health is a lot better. I’ve now taken the arms off it but the back has support in all the wrong areas for someone sitting up properly. What was fine when I was slumped down doesn’t work now. I’d fiddled with the controls to get the angles as right as possible and then put a cushion or a folded scarf at my lower back to get support that way.

As I work on a laptop I’m going to have to invest in a better table. I want one that is on castors so I can just wheel my computer and half my office out of the dining room when we have people over. It needs to have room at the back for the computer and also a keyboard drawer. At present I have the keyboard on my lap and that’s not quite right.

If you want any more advice, or if you’re on my side of Melbourne and want me to come and have a look for you just yell.

sensory fx
    • Total posts: 92
    Up

I actually use a car racing seat because I work so fast … lol
    But seriously, its a real race seat, not one of those race seat office chairs.
    I had it adapted to an office chair base.

http://sensoryfx.com/files/screens2.jpg

http://sensoryfx.com/files/screens.jpg

I did it mainly because I do a lot of online SIM racing, but its the perfect computer chair.

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Thanks Jexley, for your help answering the price question.
    I have to admit, I got it as a present.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.