Home – New Forums Tech talk What no iOS7 Comments at all !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up
    ::

As an IT Guy I heard & coped heaps when Microsoft released Windows 8. Also there were heaps of comments on this forum some positive but most negative, specifically from all the Apple people.

I’m sorry, as an IT guy I have to understand and support all flavours of technology, although I favour the Microsoft means, I understand the pros and cons on it all. So in saying that I find it very funny that no one I have heard from likes the new OS and yet….NO Comments on this forum as to Pros and Cons… Wow could it be that Apple has done something similar to what Microsoft did with Win 8 and yet none of the Apple fans understand why, or like it, so they are all keeping quiet?

Interesting.
    Brent

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Brent@Ontrax, post: 174047 wrote:
    As an IT Guy I heard & coped heaps when Microsoft released Windows 8. Also there were heaps of comments on this forum some positive but most negative, specifically from all the Apple people.

I’m sorry, as an IT guy I have to understand and support all flavours of technology, although I favour the Microsoft means, I understand the pros and cons on it all. So in saying that I find it very funny that no one I have heard from likes the new OS and yet….NO Comments on this forum as to Pros and Cons… Wow could it be that Apple has done something similar to what Microsoft did with Win 8 and yet none of the Apple fans understand why, or like it, so they are all keeping quiet?

Interesting.
    BrentWhats similar?

Apart from the flat design style, it’s pretty much the same as it was.

Looks awesome I think, works well, no issues from me.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

Windows 8 was a completely new design/way of working. IOS7 is just updated icons.

The only issue I’ve had is it seems to take ages to turn my iPad off now and the fact I find the new icons offensive to my sense of taste.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Got a bit of a surprise when it downloaded. Where are all my beaut apps gone.
    After I settled I am quite happy with the new style, in fact I find it more user friendly or am I just getting used to the iPhone5. It appears cleaner and brighter or is it just me.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Maybe I’m the exception among Mac fans, my computers are Mac (bar an old Linux clunker) … but I don’t have an iPhone … I actually now prefer my HTC and I’m hanging out for someone to deliver an Ubuntu phone.

I’ve checked out the new iPhones though, and I don’t mind the new icons, the flat UI style seems to be taking hold everywhere. I read somewhere there was 200 software updates to boot … does anyone know if they improved the signal strength, over the iphone 4?

It’d have to be pretty crap before you’d get an exodus back to MS though :).

Berek
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I press buttons and it makes a call. Click on apps and they open. Not bothered by what it looks like. Just wish you could put your own shortcuts on the quick launch slide up thing 😎

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.