Home – New Forums Starting your journey What questions to ask when interviewing for a social media manager candidate?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up
    ::

Hi guys :)

Totally new to interviewing people for a position, and I wondered if anyone could give any recommendations for what questions to ask?

This is specifically for a social media manager position. I’m a little lost, so even if anyone has any links or resources I could look at I’d be grateful!

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    ScarlettR, post: 166460 wrote:
    Hi guys :)

Totally new to interviewing people for a position, and I wondered if anyone could give any recommendations for what questions to ask?

This is specifically for a social media manager position. I’m a little lost, so even if anyone has any links or resources I could look at I’d be grateful!

If I am interviewing for any position I am looking for some proof of capability, company fit and compatibility. So in this scenario you need to understand if they know what they are talking about. You need to obviously cover off the basic HR questions and fit for your company team.

So here are my list:

1. What social networks do you think are most important and why?
    2. Can you prioritise those in importance?
    3. Which social networks do you belong to and why?
    4. Show me some examples of your work on social media?
    5. What do you think of our (meaning your company) social presence and why?
    6. What are we doing right? and why?
    7. What are we doing wrong? and why?
    8. Which social networks would you recommend for us and prioritise?
    9. What is the most important thing to do right?
    10. If you had a limited budget where would you focus and why?
    11. Are there any other issues you think you should tell us about now?

Hope it helps you.

John

Chris – Marketing
    • Total posts: 162
    Up

show me the evidence/proof…

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I’d be asking them to explain to you, how their position is going to be profitable for your business.

Jason@Plumsale
    • Total posts: 155
    Up

For me, if they have made the interview I have already validated whether they are the right person for the role. The interview is really a personality check. ie to see if they would fit the culture, Plus give them the opportunity to ask their questions.

If I was looking for a social media manager, I would look at their own social profiles, and those of their past roles/companies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.