Home – New Forums Marketing mastery What social media platforms perform best for your business?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tim Gundry
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hello FS community. I’m curious what social media platforms do you find are the most successful for you and your business? I really like LinkedIn and Instagram but I find Instagram a lot of work and can be time-consuming.

Cec Busby
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hey Tim, I think the best social platform to use really depends on your line of business. You need to go when your audience – or in this case – customers, are. If you were a restaurant – you’d definitely want to focus on your Insta and produce droolworthy shots of your dishes. Have an arty or crafty business – head to Pinterest. In professional services – then LinkedIn should be your bag. It’s also important to remember you don’t have to be on every platform – and to make sure that you have a consistent presence. if creating content sounds painful to you, check out a few of these article for inspiration.
    https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/marketing/5-tips-for-managing-your-social-media/
    https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/marketing/digital-marketing/try-these-six-strategies-for-speedier-social-media/
    https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/marketing/when-was-the-last-time-you-updated-your-instagram-profile/
    Cheers
    Cec

Cec Busby Editor Flying Solo
    Tim Gundry
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Thanks, Cec, that’s great advice, and thanks for sharing the articles. Plenty of handy tips in them for sure.

Nick Jahet
    Participant
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Thanks for this information. That is the really interesting solution!

HAPPY DECAY
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I recently started using Linkedin and weirdly is is doing better than my Instagram account.

I guess it is which platform is your clients most likely to hang out on.

Street Artist, Muralist & Illustrator Community Focused & Meaningful Placemaking www.HappyDecay.com.au
    Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

I recently started using Linkedin and weirdly is is doing better than my Instagram account.

I guess it is which platform is your clients most likely to hang out on.

That’s really interesting – 9/10 people would probably say your work is most suited to instagram. But on Insta you are competing with a lot of similar/visual stuff whereas on LI you may stand out 10x more.

Also there’s still very good organic reach on LI compared to IG (doing down).

Thanks for being here Happy Decay and dropping this hint for other visual artists 🙂
    Dave

Megofors
    Participant
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

It all depends on your business area. My company is not very big, but it tries to be on all social networks, because you never know where you might find your clients. We recently launched Instagram, and so far not a lot of results, but we have high hopes for it. You can read about how it works https://jarvee.com/instagram-stories-for-small-business-promotion-tips-tricks/ and how to improve user interaction. Start with small steps and I’m sure it will bring results.

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 212
    Up

It definitely depends on where your audience is. Think about where they may be and how you could use those platforms to gain their attention.

businesstrade.com.au - businesses for sale in Australia
    Ben
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

Tim, hi. I’ve worked in advertising and I can say with absolute certainty, there’s nothing better than a good marketer. If you have one, any platform will bring you good profits, of course it all depends on the occupancy of the platform, in Instagram you can put different ads, it will always be relevant there, because it is a worldwide social network, and even building materials can be advertised there, and they will be bought up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.