Home – New Forums Tech talk What software can I use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BTD
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    ::

Hi, I sell wine direct by email. I have an order form in a pdf format that gets emailed, so customers have to print it off and then scan and email or fax. What software can someone recommend so that I can make it that customers can fill the form in on computer and email back?

Thanks,

Sally

eCoverBox
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Hi Sally

What is the link to your website? Do you have a wordpress or static website?
    In wordpress you can easily create a custom form by installing a plug-in.

People fill in fields and submit and you get it straight to your email….

Sam

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

There are lots of options, but I tend to agree with Sam that a simple and efficient solution of replacing your PDF form is to create an online form on your website.

You could even create an online shopping cart and give your customers the ability to pay online via credit card, Paypal etc.

What’s best for you depends on whether you have an existing website, what sort of volume your currently dealing with, whether you want to increase the number of customers, etc.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I agree with onsite Techs that you could install shopping carts like PayPal. As I can’t see your website, a note to remember with forms is that a customer should never email credit card details (for security reasons – both theirs and yours), and it’s against the law anyway. You probably know this already.

So using PayPal or similar will boost confidence in you as well because they don’t have to have a PayPal account to use it and can use direct deposit, Visa or Mastercard.

For downloadable forms you can always create in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat Professional. However, the credit card details must not be in those forms and a separate payment button link with PayPal or similar could be created on your website where the customer can make the payment after sending back the form via email.

Cheers.

BTD
    Up
    eCoverBox, post: 86837 wrote:
    Hi Sally

What is the link to your website? Do you have a wordpress or static website?
    In wordpress you can easily create a custom form by installing a plug-in.

People fill in fields and submit and you get it straight to your email….

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response. I have just had a wordpress site done to a certain point. I have a friend designing some images at the moment for the home page and now need to add my products etc which I am learning how to do. My site is http://www.behindthedoorwines.com.au , not that I really want to promote it yet as I need to do some serious work on it. I am set up with a shopping cart and paypal. I will look into this plug in thing!!…yes, I have no idea!
    Thanks,

Sally

BTD
    Up
    KarenC, post: 86869 wrote:
    I agree with onsite Techs that you could install shopping carts like PayPal. As I can’t see your website, a note to remember with forms is that a customer should never email credit card details (for security reasons – both theirs and yours), and it’s against the law anyway. You probably know this already.

So using PayPal or similar will boost confidence in you as well because they don’t have to have a PayPal account to use it and can use direct deposit, Visa or Mastercard.

For downloadable forms you can always create in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat Professional. However, the credit card details must not be in those forms and a separate payment button link with PayPal or similar could be created on your website where the customer can make the payment after sending back the form via email.

Cheers.

Thanks Karen,

I already have a paypal account , shopping cart attached to my website which has been done using wordpress and still needs a lot of work done on it, which I have someone helping me with. To explain a little more my website will be used for the main part of my business for customers who just google or by my own advertising but when I run a fundraiser that is when I need a fillable order form emailed out because I dont want to just send a flyer with a link to my website because I dont think I will get the same response as actually sending out an order form which customers can open straight up. Does this makes sense? I think I am confusing myself !!

Thanks for any more help.

Sally

BTD
    Up
    BTD, post: 86878 wrote:
    Thanks Karen,

I already have a paypal account , shopping cart attached to my website which has been done using wordpress and still needs a lot of work done on it, which I have someone helping me with. To explain a little more my website will be used for the main part of my business for customers who just google or by my own advertising but when I run a fundraiser that is when I need a fillable order form emailed out because I dont want to just send a flyer with a link to my website because I dont think I will get the same response as actually sending out an order form which customers can open straight up. Does this makes sense? I think I am confusing myself !!

Thanks for any more help.

Sally

By the way you can look at my unfinished site at http://www.behindthedoorwines.com.au.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Sally – you make perfect sense. Glad you have it all sorted re PayPal etc. Hope it all works out for you and your site is looking good. I like your business name. :)

eCoverBox
    • Total posts: 46
    Up
    BTD, post: 86877 wrote:
    Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response. I have just had a wordpress site done to a certain point. I have a friend designing some images at the moment for the home page and now need to add my products etc which I am learning how to do. My site is http://www.behindthedoorwines.com.au , not that I really want to promote it yet as I need to do some serious work on it. I am set up with a shopping cart and paypal. I will look into this plug in thing!!…yes, I have no idea!
    Thanks,

Sally

Hi Sally

You’re on track then. If your friend is setting up your wordpress then he must surely know how to create a contact form.

All the best with the business!

Sam

Luth6322
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

We send out a regular newsletter to customers. We include an order form with the newsletter, and have the same problem. I’ve looked around and it is possible to make PDFs interactive, and have the ability complete and return the pdf with out having to print, scan and send.

I’ve been quoted about $100 to make the one we have interactive.

BTD
    Up
    Luth6322, post: 86949 wrote:
    We send out a regular newsletter to customers. We include an order form with the newsletter, and have the same problem. I’ve looked around and it is possible to make PDFs interactive, and have the ability complete and return the pdf with out having to print, scan and send.

I’ve been quoted about $100 to make the one we have interactive.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Ive actually today dowloaded a trial version of interactive PDF and have been playing around with it and I think this could be my answer. It is called Adobe Acrobat X pro .

Sally

Luth6322
    Up

Oh, once you’ve have a play, please tell me how you go with it.

If it’s pretty straight forward, and the software is a reasonable price, I think I could handle doing it myself too.

BTD
    Up

Hi,

Ive been “playing with it” all day and I am so frustrated! I did it all only to find that it cannot be saved by the user , so I’m not sure how it is meant to get emailed back?! I have just tried to create one using word which actually does everything I want but I now want it to add up for me but not sure if it can do this…I am looking into this now. I will send my order form so that you get the idea because it sounds like we both need the same thing!

Sally

Luth6322
    Up

Sally

Would be more then happy for you to send it to me, and I can try it out for you. I thought of word, but wanted people not to be able to change it when I sent it out….PDFs just look so much nicer.

Sounding like it might be something to get a pro to do ??

Might be a silly question, but just a thought. Not being able to save it, could that be a restriction for the test that you were using?

Cheers

Carrie

BTD
    Up

Hi carrie,

Just read this after sending you another email from my other thread! I did wonder if it was a test thing as to why PDF could not be saved…am still looking into it. And yes I have now thought of the fact that word could be changed! So I’m back to the drawing board! Im sure there must be something really easy out there to use….as I said in my other post even though I have a website ( not quite finished but getting there http://www.behindthedoorwines.com.au , there are times when I need to send an order form by email and the feedback I have had from customers is they want it to be interactive online, so I want this to be as easy as possible like I’m sure you do. And I want my Quantity to automatically add up in the total dollars….I will keep on researching, but a pro is starting to look like a really good option now!!

Sally

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.