Home – New Forums Starting your journey What software to use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Moving wine
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi. Could someone please advise me on what would be the best software for me. I am starting a small business that will require invoicing, order entry and I would like to create a data base. I thank you for any help.

Luth6322
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

My first question would be, how big are you planning on becoming in the first year or so. There is such a range of products that are avaliable and the best one really depends on each individuals business circumstances.

As a starting point you have the traditional Quickbooks, and MYOB products, both providing a range depending on what you need.

Another I’ve found that I quite like is Saasu which is an online product, assessable anywhere you have an internet connection. Great thing is, if you only have 25 transactions in a month the product is free.

http://www.saasu.com/?affid=33e3aec4-f111-43a1-9f51-b4c03dcbe2ed

If you give a little more info on what you want to get out of our accounting system, it might give me a better idea of what particular product would be best for you.

Cheers

Carrie

Moving wine
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Carire, Thanks for your reply. We will only be a small business selling approx 60 cases of wine a week into private customes. I would envisage that we would only need a basic software to begin with as long as it includes the three must haves of invoicing, creating a data base and order entry . I will have a look at Saasu. Thanks again

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

also suggest searching the forum. There was a thread recently that had a range of suggestions. Some were products that had invoice/accounts/inventory management.

do searches under those types of words and I’m sure it will come up, or look in the money and finance section, browse old entries (back about a month or so from memory)

KL Books & Admin
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

Hi Moving Wine,

As you sound like you would be new to using Accounting Software I would recommend you use QuickBooks. Though both QuickBooks and MYOB have a range of products, QuickBooks has a more streamlined approach for users and data entry and reporting is simplified. Less movement between keyboard and mouse saving you lots of time.

If you would like to send me an email with your contact details I can ask you a few key questions and get you headed in the right direction.

Good Luck with your enterprise.

Kim Leslie
    KL Books & Admin
    http://www.klbooksandadmin.com.au

Ryan@auteched
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hi Moving Wine,

I think Office 2010 would be a suitable software for your enterprise.
    Check this link out and you can find how you can use Office 2010 for your enterprise.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Microsoft Australia Online Support Team
    Follow our support channel on twitter @auteched
    Find free support for Small businesses

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi Moving Wine,

I use MYOB, only because it seems to be more widely utilised, therefore giving more choice when it comes to book keepers etc.

In terms of CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) you cannot go wrong with Act! by Sage. This is probably the best investment a company can make for keeping contact and notes on their customers. Check the link here:
    http://www.acttoday.com.au/
    You can actually buy ACT! in places like Harvey Norman, and there is quite a lot of customisation that can be done to it, although you can simply install and go!
    By the way, I am not associated with ACT in anyway, just think it as a fantastic tool. Give the 30day free trial a go and I reckon you’ll think the same.

Best of Luck

Carl
    http://www.agentmail.com.au

Ken Wood
    • Total posts: 54
    Up
    Moving wine, post: 44807 wrote:
    Could someone please advise me on what would be the best software for me. I am starting a small business that will require invoicing, order entry and I would like to create a data base.

Seems this is an old thread that’s just popped back to life, so I’ll be very brief.

I feel justified giving a plug for PiCRM here (http://www.picrmsoftware.com.au), based on the stated requirements.

In addition to all the features you’d usually expect in a CRM (e.g. marketing & sales automation), PiCRM also provides:

* quoting
    * invoicing
    * inventory management
    * integration with MYOB

which I think means it could fit your needs above quite well. Plus it’s very affordable for a startup business – even free to get started.

Yes, you could take the traditional approach of using a CRM for everything that happens before the sale, then switch over to your accounting software to do invoicing & inventory tracking.

However there are many benefits from having all that in your CRM and only using your accounting software for accounting work. I won’t go into further detail here unless asked.

Cheers,
    Ken

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.