Home – New Forums Logistics What to do when suppliers and sourcing agents don’t respond?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vultures
    • Total posts: 58
    Up
    ::

Hello,

I need to find a supplier for my business and while I do have a potential factory in mind (in Israel), I have not done this before so I was seeking the help of a sourcing agent, probably in a consultant/project management capacity rather than a commissioned agent.

The factory I have in mind has been operating for decades, is listed on the relevant Chamber of Commerce websites etc so as far as checking whether it exists – yes it does. From checking their comprehensive website, they appear to meet my criteria with regard to materials used, certifications etc. For this reason I was considering trying to source from them directly – but they do not respond to my emails.

So then I thought – ok this is where an agent might have to come in, and I found one in Israel – except they also don’t respond to emails!

I haven’t tried calling them yet, but maybe it’s my approach? I tried to be honest and not pretend I’ll be able to have huge orders etc when I know I won’t, so how do I approach either to get a response? I’ve read some of the helpful posts on Linkedin by one of the sourcing agents on this forum, but I’m still stuck.

The other thing is, (if I manage to get one to respond), how do you qualify an agent? I’d be placing a lot of trust in a person I’ve never met to find a supplier and manage production runs…

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I have found a lot of business’s don’t reply to emails, don’t ask me why, but they just don’t. Jump on the phone.

Vultures
    Up

Ok, so it’s not just me then. I prefer email as that way I have something in writing, but I will call instead. Thank you.

IMEX Sourcing Services2
    • Total posts: 42
    Up

Hi [USER=71697]@Vultures[/USER] ,

I think you’ll find this blog post helpful – How to get Suppliers to respond to your emails?

Cheers,

Vultures
    Up

Thanks Ashish, that was a good article. I am now in talks with a supplier who did actually respond to an email I sent which didn’t have really detailed product requirements – but I did list my main criteria of what I’m looking for. That seemed to work so I’d say the article advice is pretty spot on.

James
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

I like emails also – as you said – you get the answer in writing for future reference. However i have also found many suppliers don’t respond to emails (and i have no idea why either). So you are not alone on that one.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

If you must deal with them as Bert said jump on the phone and you need to sell back to them why they should do business with you. Otherwise if there are other options move on to another supplier option after your 2 or 3 strike limit.

Often if they can’t respond to your initial enquiry what hope do you have when you really need them as one of your suppliers?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.