Home – New Forums Starting your journey What would Be the best option?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jack0194
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Ok, so for a long time now I’ve had aspirations of owning and running some kind of IT-related business that would mainly be e-commerce based. I even did up a mini business plan but that was a while ago now and would need to be overhauled. The other problem is I’ve only studied IT I don’t have proper IT work experience. Anyway, my question is what’s my best option?

Option 1: go out and get an IT-related job before I go any further?

Option 2: Go ahead and Start the Business?

Or Option 3: Develop a more detailed business plan and look for someone to go into a partnership with?

Thanks

shamiester
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Speaking from personal experience, I would suggest to go for option 1. Get some corporate experience first (at least couple years), understand the ins and out of how a business is run, find your niche and then go into your own business in few years.

I started my IT business only a year after graduating and it crashed quite heavily only a year into it with a heavy debt.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,339
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

I agree with @shamiester – and to add to their excellent post, look for issues that companies can’t easily get sorted – problems that go unresolved because people will pay money for that and you will have found a niche.

Most people are very self oriented when it comes to starting a business – flip the script completely – be only customer oriented. Meet a need that people will pay for and one of the most likely outcomes is profit.

Come back with updates anytime.

Cheers
    ~Paul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.