Home – New Forums Starting your journey What would you do?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    little cheese
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi guys my name is John, I currently work at a factory where there are numerous workers etc. We are a very small business, with about 15 workers.

Now I wish to place a vending machine at my work, I have spoken to my boss and he has no problem with it. And he himself does not want any commission or payment for electricity. (They had however it was removed)

Now cost would be $1500 – $ 2500 for a combo drink and snack machine. I know it would take me a while to make my money back of my investment. However I am willing to put in the time and effort. The workers in my factory deal with steel fabrication, and normally at lunch all by cans of soft drink and energy drinks from our smoko van ( extremely over priced $4.90 for an energy drink)

Now i want to do every think by the books so what steps would I need to do to get this idea up and going?

Geronimo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 237
    Up

Could you look at vendors who may manage the machine (stock etc) and give you a commission.

Great idea by the way. Bigweld would be proud; “See a need, fill a need”.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

What she said! I would wangle it so the boss didn’t have to pay a cent, but just needed to sign off on its placement in the workplace. Get yourself a commission :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi John,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and good on you for following up on your idea.

I hope you get the advice you need to make it happen soon.

All the best,
    Jayne

bernardlau
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

From what I know, vending machines use up a lot of electricity.
    I think the one at my work place drinks the most juice out of all appliances here.

little cheese
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

thanks all I will hopefully be starting the machine up in the new finacial year. Now time to get it all on paper and look up the pros and cons.

• Total posts: 151
    Up

Vending machines

From the clients running vending machine businesses I have seen, they need an average of 4-5 machines to make back their investment. The reasons why they make little return are;

• High maintenance costs from damage
    • Product wastage as it spoils unsold
    • high number of stock fill runs needed each week
    • Buying the products in the first place
    • Securing the machines to the floor & grills

The smoko vans are always making good money because they offer a larger range and fresh food than any vending machine can.

Printerboy
    • Total posts: 151
    Up

Hey John,

I would also agree, with the commission. Otherwise you will end up with all sorts of costs that come out of the blue that you did not expect. Best thing to do is get someone else to take care of it and just claim your cash for the next 10 years :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.