Home – New Forums Get productive What would you like to know?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    klm72
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    ::

Hi there fellow soloists!

I’m developing some online training courses on software applications like Word, Excel, Outlook, LinkedIn and social media tools for business, and would like to find out what your burning questions are.

Many software users tend to work their way around applications but generally only end up using about 15% of the functionality on offer. When training people I find that they are usually able to achieve what they want to in an application, but they’re doing it the long way round. So I’m on a mission to help soloists work smarter with their software and that’s where I need your help please.

What would you like to know how to do or do quicker/more efficiently?

As a thank you for your input, I will contact you when the sessions are ready to go and you can choose one to attend online for *FREE*!

I look forward to reading your questions – thanks all!

Lia Scomazzon
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Karen, I don’t know how relevant my experience is, but I can’t use the computer beyond more than a very basic level- so some training package that is like joining the dots in a very remedial way would be helpful. I work as a therapist, so this type of technical expertise is an area I have come to very late, and only because I have recognised its inevitability ie i am not naturally comfortable with it. It would also be good to have a “support desk” type option, for when the confusion hits the fan. Lia Scomazzon

BMc
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    Karen Moloney, post: 5105 wrote:
    Many software users tend to work their way around applications but generally only end up using about 15% of the functionality on offer.

This doesn’t surprise me, though it’s the first time I’ve seen a statistic.

I have learnt to, on the first use after install or upgrade, allow some time to experiment and wander through a program, viewing sample files, exploring the menus, trying out features, and so on. I enjoy finding out ways in which a program can save time or better organise and present information as it gives me a massive motivation boost (hello, fellow tech geeks!) and allows me to add value to my business and my clients’ businesses.

With the above statistic in mind, perhaps your question will be hard for readers to answer in a program-specific fashion, because we don’t know what we don’t know. Perhaps an approach like: “Did you know that you can use AProgram to…?”

I apologise if I’ve read the question wrong! :)

Ben.

klm72
    Up
    Lia Scomazzon, post: 5114 wrote:
    Hi Karen, I don’t know how relevant my experience is, but I can’t use the computer beyond more than a very basic level- so some training package that is like joining the dots in a very remedial way would be helpful. I work as a therapist, so this type of technical expertise is an area I have come to very late, and only because I have recognised its inevitability ie i am not naturally comfortable with it. It would also be good to have a “support desk” type option, for when the confusion hits the fan. Lia Scomazzon

Hi Lia! Thanks for your input. You’ve raised a couple of interesting points there and I will certainly take them on board while developing this series. I’ll be in touch when I have a session that will help you and you can try it out for free :)

klm72
    Up
    BMc, post: 5137 wrote:
    This doesn’t surprise me, though it’s the first time I’ve seen a statistic.

I have learnt to, on the first use after install or upgrade, allow some time to experiment and wander through a program, viewing sample files, exploring the menus, trying out features, and so on. I enjoy finding out ways in which a program can save time or better organise and present information as it gives me a massive motivation boost (hello, fellow tech geeks!) and allows me to add value to my business and my clients’ businesses.

With the above statistic in mind, perhaps your question will be hard for readers to answer in a program-specific fashion, because we don’t know what we don’t know. Perhaps an approach like: “Did you know that you can use AProgram to…?”

I apologise if I’ve read the question wrong! :)

Ben.

Hi Ben! Thanks for your post – nice to know there are more tech geeks out there! ;) I get your point about “we don’t know what we don’t know”, so will factor that in to how I organise and market the series. My challenge now will be to come up with something I think you haven’t already found out for yourself and get it into a session you can try out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.