Home – New Forums Starting your journey What would you want to learn?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up
    ::

I wrote a while ago about how I decided to restructure and re-brand my old business “LemonChip” around a primary activity of providing training seminars and workshops designed for business owners.

I’ve run a couple already called the Online Business Bootcamp which got extremely positive reviews from those that attended which I was really pleased with.

The course is designed to give business owners a clearer understanding of topics like:

• Social media marketing
    • SEO & SEM
    • Email Marketing
    • Web Design
    • Web video
    • Principles of digital business
    • and ho to tie them all together in order to really succeed online etc

The workshop is aimed at people who want to get up to speed with digital marketing and online business, so not really aimed at tech experts.

Officially I am charging $99/person but at the moment I’m really just filling up the room for free as a way of getting feedback from attendees, and refining the material but by about September I’m aiming begin actually charging.
    (As a side note if anyone would like to attend you can go here and use the promo code solo if you want to come to the next one :))

So my question is…
    Are there other topics which you would want to learn about if attending a course like this, and realistically how much do you think you would be comfortable paying for a half/full day workshop of this nature?

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers their thoughts on the kind of stuff they’re like to learn!!!

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Don’t give it all away for free! It is fine to test the water with one or two, but there are valuable tools that people are happy to pay to learn about.

Charge a reasonable price for your workshops – people will still come.

Video is huge for business to learn how to use it correctly and not just upload something for the sake of it. I have seen some very poor quality attempts at video.

Stuart B
    Up

Yes don’t worry it certainly won’t be free forever… Just while we refine the content and sort out any rough edges.

Yes web video is huge and a lot easier to do than a lot of people imagine.

Stuart B
    Up

Hey Sandra that’s definitely helpful. Sounds like you’re more referring to the pre-sales message and how that’s communicated which is of paramount importance :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.