Home – New Forums Starting your journey What’s the best thing about your mentor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lucy Kippist
    • Total posts: 230
    Up
    ::

Morning all,
    Next year will be ten years since I met my mentor, Kate. She started off as my boss and even though she gave me my first real break, what I most value about our relationship is that she helps me clarify my thoughts.

Because she has known me for so long, I don’t have to spend time explaining my work history; I send her a text and she replies with a question or two, that cuts to the chase of the matter at hand. And this has always had a positive impact on how quickly I can develop my next plan for action. Thanks, Kate!

Do you have a mentor (or two) in your life? What’s the best lesson/gift they are teaching/sharing with you?

Adam Martelletti
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

[USER=98720]@Lucy Kippist[/USER] I’m sure you would agree mentors are a must! They can save you a lot of hard ache and pain in business and life. No matter how big or small your business is, having someone there to help you through the tough time to make you accountable and get things done. I would say the best thing one of my mentors taught me was to stop micro managing, this is a struggle a lot of business owners face and one of the biggest problems that stop’s their business from growing a lot of the time you don’t even know you are doing it.

Lucy Kippist
    • Total posts: 230
    Up
    Adam Martelletti, post: 251088, member: 100324 wrote:
    [USER=98720]@Lucy Kippist[/USER] I’m sure you would agree mentors are a must! They can save you a lot of hard ache and pain in business and life. No matter how big or small your business is, having someone there to help you through the tough time to make you accountable and get things done. I would say the best thing one of my mentors taught me was to stop micro managing, this is a struggle a lot of business owners face and one of the biggest problems that stop’s their business from growing a lot of the time you don’t even know you are doing it.

I do agree with you Adam! Especially in regard to micromanaging, I totally get that is a hard habit to break. Thanks for posting!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.