Home Forums Get productive What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lucy Kippist
    • Total posts: 230

Michelle Grisdale is FS member shares her morning ritual as part of our profile series this morning.

I loved her answer to this question – she pats her Keplies!

” They are not allowed on the bed at any other time so it is special for them. They allow me to start the day with a smile and keep things in perspective.”

Anyone else have a pet that’s crucial to daily routine?

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

The first thing I do when I wake up – I get out of bed.

Daylah
    • Total posts: 14

Check my phone especially the time. I don’t really have a clock beside my bed.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

Open my eyes

Te77Za
    • Total posts: 10

Worry about everything!
    – it’s really unhelpful I know, so I have to force myself to then LEAP out of bed and either go for a run or mediate before hitting my PC or phone.

A work in progress :)
    Tez

Lucy Kippist
    Te77Za, post: 269547, member: 116703 wrote:
    Worry about everything!
    – it’s really unhelpful I know, so I have to force myself to then LEAP out of bed and either go for a run or mediate before hitting my PC or phone.

A work in progress :)
    Tez

I totally get that Tez! It’s difficult right now.

Scott_
    • Total posts: 2

I’ve found a morning routine to be very helpful to kick-off my day.

I personally avoid checking my phone or email right away. I wake-up, shower, drink a glass of water, meditate and review my list of tasks from the previous day.

I tend to wake up early so I can safely assume nothing has blown up overnight because everyone else is alseep (if it was really bad someone would call me, ha!). This allows me to knock over the first hour or two of work without checking my phone or email and getting distracted.

El Arish Tropical Exotics
    • Total posts: 227

I make coffee.

Marisa Lawlor
    • Total posts: 6

No snooze. No phone. No engagement with the outside world.
    The first moments of the day need to be internally focused and mindful to set the direction of the day.
    Breathe, stretch, coffee and everything flows from there!

Emilizo
    • Total posts: 16

I get up early, have a shower to wake up then make a coffee and do my morning pages. (Three long hand pages of steam of coniousnes (Julia Cameron) then if I have time I do a short mediation. But the morning pages has been a fabulous additions with many great benefits. Can’t recommend it enough!

Lucy Kippist

I have heard so much about the morning pages concept, Emilizo! So glad to hear it’s working for you.

JamesBrown89
    • Total posts: 3

I wake up for the first half-hour after drinking a cup of coffee. I have 5 alarms every morning to wake up because I have problems with sleeping. Who else has the same problems as me?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.