Home – New Forums Selling online What’s the most important attribute of an e-Com site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    ::
    estim8, post: 196662 wrote:
    I wasn’t going to buy into this thread … but I am :), if only to say that @JohnTranter’s answers here, have been exceptionally good in introducing the uninitiated into a very complex (and whether you like it or not – important) issue…

All of the above (and more), is why I promote managed platforms, and/or professional Ecommerce developers when asked.

Cheers
    Business Owners,
    Can I support John T’s and Estim8’s advice.

You need to find yourself a developer/designer who knows what they are doing with which ever publishing platform is used for your website.

When I’m providing SEO services and site audits, I’m regularly finding technical problems that need to be fixed by a developer.

Beware, many “developers” aren’t!

Website technical problems and slow load speed are often symptoms of the same problem – low knowledge level or corner cutting developers. They will come back to bite you, IMHO.

If Google starts using site load speed as a major component of its ranking algorithm, there will be pandemonium.

Thanks for your valuable in-put guys,
    Regs,
    JohnW

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi John/Zava,
    Learning a lot on this thread, thanks!
    I agree with your thought on the topic split and suggest that we could break out the ‘responsive’ discussion into a new thread without disjointing the original discussion flow.
    If you agree I can move this batch of posts into their own thread.
    I’ll move/merge these later today (as I’m on a smartphone now!) unless I hear otherwise.
    Thanks,
    Peter

JohnW
    Up
    FS Administrator, post: 197751 wrote:
    Hi John/Zava,
    I agree with your thought on the topic split and suggest that we could break out the ‘responsive’ discussion into a new thread without disjointing the original discussion flow.
    I’ll move/merge these later today (as I’m on a smartphone now!) unless I hear otherwise.
    Thanks,
    Peter
    Hi Peter,
    Works for me.
    Regs
    JohnW
    Peter – FS Administrator
    Up

Hi there,
    Just a quick note to let you know that as mentioned the ‘responsive web design v adaptive’ topic that kicked off has been broken off into a new thread over here:

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/talking-technology/31615-responsive-web-design-vs-adaptive-business-websites.html

Happy to fiddle with the title etc, otherwise look forward to seeing where it heads :)

Thanks all
    Peter

JohnW
    Up
    FS Administrator, post: 197779 wrote:
    Hi there,
    Just a quick note to let you know that as mentioned the ‘responsive web design v adaptive’ topic that kicked off has been broken off into a new thread over here:

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/talking-technology/31615-responsive-web-design-vs-adaptive-business-websites.html

Happy to fiddle with the title etc, otherwise look forward to seeing where it heads :)

Thanks all
    Peter
    Hi Peter,
    I suggest a title like:

“How do you make your website mobile-friendly?”

That would enable the discussion to encompass a whole range of different site types, target audiences, information delivery methods and website objectives.

These factors could all throw up very different issues that need to be addressed when planning a mobile compatible website.

What do you think Zava?
    Regs,
    JohnW

Peter – FS Administrator
    Up

Thanks John,
    Nice one, a bit broader. I’ve changed the title to that for now.
    Cheers
    Peter

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    FS Administrator, post: 197751 wrote:
    Hi John/Zava,
    Thanks,
    Peter
    Yep, perfect Peter. And ecommerce site owners definitely need to read the other thread too, solutions for smartphone users is an ESSENTIAL part of online commerce nowadays, and only becoming more so, as data posted over there wil indicate. Hopefully they can make heads or tails of the conversation over there. If not just ask questions. ;)
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.